UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Strange way to go about ordering the DOTW! I'd have been more inclined to have purchased it if they had started with S1 as DOTW and not season 3 lol.
Although offering them in order would be the logical way, the conspiracy theorist in me would suggest that the 2 then 3 (then 1) sequence has some purchasing / profit potential.

• People ordering the s2 DOTW are likely to want s1 to watch first (even if not ordering direct, that creates demand at third parties)
  • After the first two series hopefully has viewers hooked, there’s potential s3 sales. Not everyone is going to wait for a DOTW that may never come…
  • s3 on DOTW creates demand for earlier seasons. And as S2 has just been on DOTW, those who missed out are going to have to search.
  • And now s1 on DOTW for those who held out. Yet promoting the title, and sales of the subsequent seasons.

It‘s a cleverly crafted plot, flawlessly executed.

It'll never be DOTW again, just to punish the folk that didn't buy before.
Just like I'm being punished for not buying Venus Versus Virus on early bird.
As far as I remember, it's never been DOTW.
Was there a VvV Blu ray or CE?
I recall getting the DVD (clear case) set in the 2022 Xmas MVM bundle (effectively £6), and think they were selling them off in some sale later.
Not quite DOTW, but the DVD has at least been on sale.

Was there a VvV Blu ray or CE?
I recall getting the DVD (clear case) set in the 2022 Xmas MVM bundle (effectively £6), and think they were selling them off in some sale later.
Not quite DOTW, but the DVD has at least been on sale.
It was just the DVD. £9.99 early bird.
So I want to pay that for it.😇
I forgot about it at the time.

It's been a while but we're happy to announce the following will be released later this year!

Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon S4

Himouto! Umaru-chan R

Wolf Girl & Black Prince

Tenjho Tenge CE

Made in Abyss S2

Expect #Earlybird deals to launch soon!

Edit, cutting and pasting on iPad is a mare

Edit again, plus Demon Girl Next Door S2 on the thumbnail.

It doesn't say if Danmachi season 4 is CE... hope it is. It'll look odd on my shelf against the others if it isn't, but considering it is season 4 of these I'd hope it means it will as it has the audience.

It doesn't say if Danmachi season 4 is CE... hope it is. It'll look odd on my shelf against the others if it isn't, but considering it is season 4 of these I'd hope it means it will as it has the audience.
I don't believe Sentai have released a CE for S4 yet although they do plan to later, so I guess it depends if MVM wait on that or not.

Dan machi is always gonna look odd with season 1 from Manga or even the US premium edition of season 1 (unless I guess you go all out and grab all the premium editions of the US verion (but yeah not sure S4 is there yet/out) but thats gonna be expensive)
And I can't rememeber if they kept the same height for all the limited editions (orginally it was DVD height art boxes for sword Ortoria and S2 (I really can't rememebr S3's height))

But yeah, would still like some form of matching set for the rest at least, but I assume it'll eventually happen.

I don't believe Sentai have released a CE for S4 yet although they do plan to later, so I guess it depends if MVM wait on that or not.
They haven't? Not great luck here then... and this was the Ryuu season too.

Dan machi is always gonna look odd with season 1 from Manga or even the US premium edition of season 1 (unless I guess you go all out and grab all the premium editions of the US verion (but yeah not sure S4 is there yet/out) but thats gonna be expensive)
And I can't rememeber if they kept the same height for all the limited editions (orginally it was DVD height art boxes for sword Ortoria and S2 (I really can't rememebr S3's height))

But yeah, would still like some form of matching set for the rest at least, but I assume it'll eventually happen.
True, I just figured it would look even more odd with a random bluray case there as season 4.

Yaay, Demon Girl Next Door S2! 🎉🥳
Oh ****, you're right! I wonder why that wasn't included in the press release that went out to other news outlets? Also why Tenjo Tenge was on that same press release, but not on MVM's personal announcement link on the UK Anime Network? Odd.

Either way, it's great news. Demon Girl Next Door looks like one of those cutesy but pretty unimaginative moe shows, but it's surprisingly sharp-witted, and the cast are delightful bunch of kindhearted oddballs. Definitely picking that up.

Back