UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Of all the reasons why the UK misses out on anime releases, "The licence holder didn't reply to our emails" has to be among the most depressing. It really tells you where the UK market sits in the pecking order.
It is incredibly annoying and even more annoying by the fact there isn't much that can be done other than constantly chasing. We have another license that's pretty much all done and ready but just waiting on the official paper document - having emailed to chase that with again no response.

It is incredibly annoying and even more annoying by the fact there isn't much that can be done other than constantly chasing. We have another license that's pretty much all done and ready but just waiting on the official paper document - having emailed to chase that with again no response.
:(

I appreciate the effort. It still amazes me that you manage to release so many titles with so few staff.

Maybe it's time to invest in a carrier pigeon, and train it to peck people on the head until they reply.

I hope that with the eventual 100th chase email, they will finally give you the last garden of sinners movie 🙏

@MVM is there any interest in licensing the first and 2nd seasons of Dropkick on My Devil for home video release? i'm sure with them kickstarting the 2nd and 3rd seasons that they'd be open to some easy money from the west

@MVM is there any interest in licensing the first and 2nd seasons of Dropkick on My Devil for home video release? i'm sure with them kickstarting the 2nd and 3rd seasons that they'd be open to some easy money from the west
This seems to be a Crunchyroll license so very unlikely we'd release it.

Back