Musicians of AUKN, show off your gear!

chaos

The Boss
Just a randon topic ofr people to post pics / specs of their music gear.
Actually, I just wanted to show my new guitar off ;)

I've got me a Mexican Fender Stratocaster in a color I call wine, rosewood scale, alden body, 3 single coil pickups. Sounds awesome and it's a compromise, as I couldn't afford an american standard. I did hear a few complaints about it's pickup selector and the whammy is a bit heavy, but apart from that, I love it very much!

My bass is a 5-string Tobias basic, maple body, pau ferro fingerboard and bartolini pickups. It has served me very well for the last 7 years.

I've also got me a Crying fatboy wah-wah pedal from onner, a chorus and a delay pedal from boss. Ain't got an amp, so I plug my guitar / bass to my mac using an IO|2 Alesis interface.

I'm trying to teach myself to use the Ableton Live software as well and that's my set. Hope I can upload some songs soon.

ps. I've used my pc camera, sorry for th crap pics.

That strat looks awesome! I like the wine looking color, too.

I'll try upload some pictures of my guitar(s, if the other two count - a 3/4 sized acoustic and a old 5(6) string electric :/) a les paul... gear4music (kinda like an epiphone I guess). I'm also ordering a digitech rp50 effects pedal soon, so I might wait until that arrives!

Also, when I get better (I've only been playing just over a month), I'm planning to buy a fender (maybe squire, depending on my budget :p) telecaster in bright yellow - Like this

Possibly the best instrument on the planet...
dscf07941vu1.jpg

And because I really can't be bothered getting my guitar out; you lucky folks get a stock image~
Mr Page, eat your heart out.

Spyro201 said:
d00de your a left hander?

I'll post up pics of my guitars and drum kit later.

Weird... my laptop camera seem to ahve reverted the pics!
o.0

@Yagami - the telecaster looks awesome!! I never liked les paul's, but I can't really explain why. my favourites guitar players uses strats, that's why I always wanted one. My other choise would have been an Ibanez

@ Maltos - I've seem that before... can you actually play that? There's an article on BBC about a chic whose main instument is that think. Aparently it's played according to designs you draw on it or I'm I completely flipping here?

chaos said:
Spyro201 said:
@Yagami - the telecaster looks awesome!! I never liked les paul's, but I can't really explain why. my favourites guitar players uses strats, that's why I always wanted one. My other choise would have been an Ibanez

Doesnt every guitarist use a strat at some point though :lol:

I have a cheap one but its never used. Its all my BC Rich now, and my SG if I feel like it.

And an Ibanez would have been better. We all know who uses Ibanez.
HERMAN LIIIII

chaos said:
@ Maltos - I've seem that before... can you actually play that? There's an article on BBC about a chic whose main instument is that think. Aparently it's played according to designs you draw on it or I'm I completely flipping here?
Naw, i'm rubbish at it :lol: It's a stylophone and basically you use the stylus to tap that little metal plate at the bottom. So not exactly drawing but your along the right lines. It's great for just playing about on.

Spyro has EXTREEEEEME instruments. But yeh, you need a Herman Lee guitar if your gonna get anywhere in metal! I'd get one if I was any good at guitar. I havn't even played my Les Paul for ages.

My main instrument now is good ol' FL Studios.
Theres only several instruments i'd really love~ a Theremin, a Minimoog, a Korg Kaossilator and a Roland 303.
Then i'd be set to make some twisted music!

Spyro201 said:
chaos said:
Spyro201 said:

I have a cheap one but its never used. Its all my BC Rich now, and my SG if I feel like it.

HERMAN LIIIII
Ibanez are great, but I know my limitations. steve vai also uses ibanez as well. Strats are good, versatile guitars, while ibanez seems to be favoured by metal and shredders in general.
the guitarrist in my last band had an ibanez which was an exact copy of Vai's, which looked like this:

ibanez-jem-555-bk-wh.jpg

I love that fingerboard thing.

chaos said:
Spyro201 said:
chaos said:

HERMAN LIIIII
Ibanez are great, but I know my limitations. steve vai also uses ibanez as well. Strats are good, versatile guitars, while ibanez seems to be favoured by metal and shredders in general.
the guitarrist in my last band had an ibanez which was an exact copy of Vai's, which looked like this:

ibanez-jem-555-bk-wh.jpg

I love that fingerboard thing.

I dunno. I wouldn't say a strat is that versatile unless you make some home modifications. I mean my bands guitarist just had to fit a small humbucker in for his metal playing. Thing is with single coil pickps you put too much overdrive/distortion on then it sounds horrible and kinda clunky. Thats why I have an SG (well it wasnt deliberate at the time), and my BC Rich. The BC has some badass humbuckers for my metal.

I see where you're coming from. I'm not really into playing metal anymore, so what I mean by versatile is that strats is good without too much overdrive. best way to describe humbuckers pickups is that the sound will seem a bit fat / crunchy, if you know what I mean. Which actually is great for metal.

@Chaos: the only real differences between the American and Mexican strats are cosmetic - something to do with regulations on what finishes are allowed to be used in US and Mexican factories. Honestly, if you hid the 'Made in...' labelling most players wouldn't be able to tell the difference! A Fender Strat is a guitar I've always wanted too (not only because so many of my heroes play them...they're great guitars).

I'll use this thread to brag about my embarrassingly expensive collection and the great little digital camera I got for christmas. ;)

First pic: My little 40W Marshall combo. I had to fit a cooling fan (which wants replacing with a quieter one!) to stop the valves making it overheat (ZOMG! Design flaw!). It has a great rocky tone and is loud enough to keep up with a live, un-amplified drummer with no trouble. The pedals are (R-L) a Boss Super Shifter harmoniser/pitch shifter, a Rat distortion, a Big Muff fuzz distortion, a Small Stone phaser, a Boss digital delay and a Boss flanger. I have a chorus pedal but the power socket broke. :(

Second pic: My Gibson SG which I bought a year ago. It's great for rocky/grungey stuff. The beat-up thing next to it used to be a Squier strat until I replaced the bridge, changed the scratchplate and electronics inside. All that's left to do is to replace the pickups with Jazzmaster ones and I'm done with it.

Third pic: A Tanglewood acoustic that was pretty cheap but sounds really nice. The one on the right is my fave - an old 1980 Ibanez that looks a bit scratched and battered but is fantastic to play on. Sounds even better than the SG actually!

I used to play Trombone many years ago I had a Boosey & Hawkes and a Besson. I have no idea what happened to them they may still be at my folks. I get the urge to play every now and again so I may see if they are still around the next time I am down at my parents.

@Martin - looks like someone really likes his analogs pedals =)

@Spyro - the V looks great! I've got a pillow case like that as well =)

@Dracos - I never liked wind(?? is this right??) instruments, as I never had any talent for them. The fact I've smoked for 17 years doesn't help as well x_x

@ melonpan - my sister plays the piano and one of my nieces got into keyboard. We still have a piano at my folks. I've learned musical theory on that piano.

chaos said:
@Dracos - I never liked wind(?? is this right??) instruments, as I never had any talent for them. The fact I've smoked for 17 years doesn't help as well x_x

Brass I think.

chaos said:
@ melonpan - my sister plays the piano and one of my nieces got into keyboard. We still have a piano at my folks. I've learned musical theory on that piano.

Heh I need to learn music theory, not got around to it though I just learn pieces.

melonpan said:
chaos said:

Brass I think.

Yep.

I had one of those odd conversations at work the other day and found somebody else that played trombone.

It is funny though how many people look at me and think I play guitar, however I have absolutely no talent or the co-ordination required to play one. And trying drums I was even worse, I am quite a good driver but put me behind a drum kit and I have no idea how to co-ordinate hands and feet.

This reminds me of all the old drummer jokes like.

What's the difference between a drummer and a drum machine?

You only need to punch the rhythm into a drum machine once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back