Most wanted continuations

Two animes come to mind:

Berserk: The fact that the last few episodes were built up and ended on a cliff-hanger clearly cries for a proper conclusion.

His and Her Circumstances: A great show, with equally great characters ruined by the last 2 1/2 episodes. I mean, more unnecessary recaps, a badly placed filler episode and, worst of all, a completely different story on the last episode while the other one wasn't even finished. What happened to Arima? Did he overcome his dark childhood past? And what about Miyazawa?

Unfortunately the odds of a follow up to this are slim to none since apparently the original creator, Masami Tsuda, wasn’t happy with what Gainax made, which is a damn shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
In no particular order...

Full Metal Panic

Martian Successor Nadesico ( Lack of sequel make baby Jebus cry. )

Negima

Kiddy Grade ( Yes I know it's getting a sequel, but it's supposed to not be about the same characters, therefor it isn't a proper sequel. )

Bubblegum Crisis

Burst Angel ( Just because I want to see Meg kick ass in her new outfit. )

Planetes

Air Gear ( Because it just ends in the middle of nowhere. )

There are more, but I can't think what they are just yet.

Tin Man said:
Full Metal Alchemist but dont ask me how.

Aye i know what you mean. Especially now that i'm reading the manga and loving it so much. Plus i really disliked the ending of Shambala.
I wouldn't mind seeing a true manga adaptation but it's incredibly unlikely to happen.

Glad to hear some of you would really like to see a Champloo movie, it's about time Watanabe did something new. He's my favourite director but he just takes so long in between projects. Last was the Genius Party short but thats it. I want a new series!

I need to see:

Air Gear season 2 is a must for me, I wanna see where the story goes.

Worlds Stronger Deciple Kenichi the way the story ends I really wanna see him get stronger

I'd have to go with:

Nadesico (cause the movie wasn't satisfactory)

NOIR because the ending is so open, even just an OAV or that to say what the hell happened (not going to put spoilers here, but anyone that's seen it will understand)

LOVELESS as the ending seems set up for another season which never materialised

Dizzae said:
i would also like to see elfen lied continue and bring some sort of conclusion to the company and lucy
Amen

Lupus Inu said:
If Bebop got a continuation everyone would just complain about it.
Amen squared

Tin Man said:
Full Metal Alchemist but dont ask me how.
Amen cubed

Also Twelve Kingdoms as it ends before the final chapter, which admittedly hand't been finished when the anime came out, but that was a long time ago (in anime terms). Ghost Hunt , & Pumkin Scissors also seems to leave a few threads hanging, and there could always more Patlabor, and Yugo the Negotiator.

Please finish Groove Adventure Rave, Studio Deen. I'll love you.

I also second Fullmetal Alchemist receiving a more manga-faithful adaptation. I want to see Lin(g) animated.

Trowa_Ayanami said:
His and Her Circumstances: A great show, with equally great characters ruined by the last 2 1/2 episodes. I mean, more unnecessary recaps, a badly placed filler episode and, worst of all, a completely different story on the last episode while the other one wasn't even finished. What happened to Arima? Did he overcome his dark childhood past? And what about Miyazawa?

Unfortunately the odds of a follow up to this are slim to none since apparently the original creator, Masami Tsuda, wasn’t happy with what Gainax made, which is a damn shame.

I watched this, ending really annoyed me as well. It was something about they'd run out of money. That's why i got the Manga! XD Really liked the ending, Although, there's still possible continuation with Asaba and Miyazawa's kid =O

Looking through I appear to be the only one whos gonna say this, so please dont flame me but, personally (being a Death Note/Mikami fanboy) would love to see another Death Note, however this time maybe from what would have happened if Light and Mikami had beaten Mello. What would have happened afterwards. I dunno, maybe its just me being TOO into Death Note, but i'd love to see more of the Shinigami Realm, and find out more about some of the characters pasts (Light, Mikami, L etc. would have been interesting to see how Light got on when he was younger in school or something).

BUT, thats probably just me :lol:

I know i've said this before but here goes, Guyver the bio boosted armour, the first series only went up to vol 10 in the original manga, so there is plently of story left to animate.

Who ever said about a sequel to Outlaw Star: Thank you that would be excellent :)

A bit of a wildcard choice but i would like to see more of the Big O, the ending to series seemed haphzard at best so another season could help explain what happened

Hmm, another season of Berserk would be good. I have just started collecting the manga, so the ending isn't an issue for me anymore. School Rumble is a given, so I don't think there's a need to wish for another season. As for GitS: Stand Alone Complex, it doesn't need a new season. Production I.G. have explicitly said there won't be another one, and besides, another one isn't needed.
Dracos said:
I think I agree here. Also would like them to finish of Tenjho Tenge.
Wasn't Ultimate Fight supposed to be a definitive ending? I haven't seen it yet so I wouldn't know.

There's plenty I want to see more of but I'd say the shows that need more, whether that will happen or not are His and Her Circumstances and Kaiji due to Unfinished Manga Syndrome. I can't get enough of Berserk either.

Maxon said:
Hmm, another season of Berserk would be good. I have just started collecting the manga, so the ending isn't an issue for me anymore. School Rumble is a given, so I don't think there's a need to wish for another season. As for GitS: Stand Alone Complex, it doesn't need a new season. Production I.G. have explicitly said there won't be another one, and besides, another one isn't needed.
Dracos said:
I think I agree here. Also would like them to finish of Tenjho Tenge.
Wasn't Ultimate Fight supposed to be a definitive ending? I haven't seen it yet so I wouldn't know.

Yeah, from what i know, School Rumble Season 3 is already set for release, but only as a DVD release in japan, no airing on TV from what i know.
I think with Berserk, it definitely needs a new series, but for some reason i can't see them getting round to it any time soon. Maybe its because its been left for so long, but who knows.

BlackWolf said:
I know i've said this before but here goes, Guyver the bio boosted armour, the first series only went up to vol 10 in the original manga, so there is plently of story left to animate.
Haven't seen the end of the anime yet, but if there is more go for it.
Can't believe i forgot Dragon Half. 2 episodes of a 50+ volume manga.

Lelouch said:
Taylor said:
MORE OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB NOW PLX!

Best thing you've ever said on the forum.

More Fruits basket, Bebop & Haibane-Renmei.

Fruits basket i agree on aswell, and hey! i say alot of good stuff on here! lol.

Saw someone write something about school rumble, if i remember correctly a new series bit will come soon (Cant wait!).

I disagree with Haibane Renmei - It is one of my favourite series, at times my top favourite, but the entire nature of it, the walls, means that the concept is finite. It tells you a lot, leaves a lot open to the imagination. Any more I feel would start infringing on the concept too much. It is rather similar to what happened to the Highlander film. It told you a lot, kept a lot shadowy, but as soon as they tried to expand the concept with the sequels it was completely rejected and everything following it has been largely terrible.

Warmaster said:
I disagree with Haibane Renmei - It is one of my favourite series, at times my top favourite, but the entire nature of it, the walls, means that the concept is finite. It tells you a lot, leaves a lot open to the imagination. Any more I feel would start infringing on the concept too much. It is rather similar to what happened to the Highlander film. It told you a lot, kept a lot shadowy, but as soon as they tried to expand the concept with the sequels it was completely rejected and everything following it has been largely terrible.

Don't know about Haibane Renmei, but I'll back you up on Highlander. I loved that film in spite of it's general cheesyness. The sequels were a different story though, a great example of something which should NOT have been continued.

Excuse the offtopic :wink:

Warmaster said:
I disagree with Haibane Renmei
Same. Sometimes more is less.

For series that have a solid conclusion I always think that making a continuation would just leave it feeling slightly off (e.g. FMA movie, Uta~Kata OVA). So no wishing there was a Bebop or Nadesico continuation, for example.

So, I guess there're 2 kinds of series that need sequels - those which are ended prematurely (for whatever reason), and those which are so damn good you just want more of 'em.

In the first category you've got things like Kare Kano, Berserk and Fruits Basket (assuming you pretend the out-of-nowhere single-episode everything-is-magically-better conclusion didn't happen), which plenty of others have mentioned, as well as lesser-known ones like Alien Nine, Narutaru, Akagi and Twin Spica. Then again, maybe not Narutaru - a sequel'd just end up as weak as every other anime adaptation of Kitoh's work *mumble*grumble*

In the second category I'll put forward Ghost Hunt, Baccano!, Moyashimon, FMP!, Haruhi and Zettai Shounen. All pretty good series that have endings that leave things open enough for sequels to take place. Haruhi and FMP! are set for sequels anyway, and I know that more volumes of both Baccano! and Ghost Hunt remain. Zettai Shounen and Moyashimon we'll probably never see again, but oh well.

Back