Most wanted continuations

Wildcard

Thousand Master
Just wondering what people would like to see continuation series' of. For me there's little else more frustrating than than a good story stopping dead halfway through and never getting a follow up.

Personally I'd like to see more Black Lagoon and Full Metal Panic in the near future.

Full Metal Panic is a given since there are enough novels to provide material, so I don't need to wish for it.

I would like to see some Chobits OAVs. I want to see how Hideki and Chii deal with barriers and problems that their relationship presents. Things like what his peers at university think, how his parents react, legality of marriage, sex (I don't mean that in a pervy way either. I am genuinely interested) and other physical expressions of love, the effect this all has on his studies and how he will find a job with some people having prejudice against their relationship are the main things I want to know about. The progress made in the other relationships would be nice to see too.

I'd also like an OAV or two for Those Who Hunt Elves since the end of season 2 made it totally pointless.

Outlaw Star, it did end but there was so much potential for the story to go further. I read once that the manga continues after the anime story arc ends so there definitely was more story for them to work with.

The other shows i'd like to see some sort of continuation for are ones that probably wouldn't work and the only reason i want them is because i miss the characters. Actually I don't want them to happen because it would ruin what is perfect already but if...

...if they were going to do a continuation of Bebop i'd like them to set it before the series, how Spike and Vicious met and worked their way up the syndicate. Yet as i said if they didn't get all the staff back it could ruin what's there.

Samurai Champloo, not a series but maybe a movie I think it would work well due to the series end.

Another Stand Alone Complex? 3rd gig maybe?

LukasROAR said:
The other shows i'd like to see some sort of continuation for are ones that probably wouldn't work and the only reason i want them is because i miss the characters. Actually I don't want them to happen because it would ruin what is perfect already but if...

There are some things like CB which really shouldn't be continued. Part of me is still angry about the second season of Gunslinger Girl :(

To me, Full Metal Panic! is a given, 4 novels to work through is a lot of material, and it would be pretty awesome to see animated.
I want to see the ARX-8 Levaithan badly, i hear its meant to deal with 2 behemoths and several codarl's in about 4 minutes and however many seconds with ease.

Aside from that, i guess Outlaw Star would be nice. Bar that i haven't got many that spring to mind straight off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to say my favourite series' - Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop and Welcome to the NHK, but to be fair they all reached conclusions except for Outlaw Star and I wouldn't want them to be tainted by what could end up being nothing more than a milking of the franchise.

I'd like to see some more SAC - it still feels like its unfinished to me, they can still fill in some holes without it feeling like they're milking the series.

Gotta agree with LukeasROAR about Samurai Champloo and Bebop as well. A sequel wouldnt do for CB but a prequel would be nice. I like how they left the character's pasts vague but hell id love to find out more about Spike's and Faye's history. Then again the first series ended so well that...hmm.

I'd love to see more Elfen Lied and FLCL but, like CB, both series work because of their powerful storylines. Adding to it might dilute both of em.

How about Evangelion? Lol i jest, i jest!

LukasROAR said:
Samurai Champloo, not a series but maybe a movie I think it would work well due to the series end.
I second that! But as well Claymore needs to finish, Black lagoon especially with the whole cia thingy, the nun, i forget her name and i would also like to see elfen lied continue and bring some sort of conclusion to the company and lucy

Maxon said:
I would like to see some Chobits OAVs. I want to see how Hideki and Chii deal with barriers and problems that their relationship presents. Things like what his peers at university think, how his parents react, legality of marriage, sex (I don't mean that in a pervy way either. I am genuinely interested) and other physical expressions of love, the effect this all has on his studies and how he will find a job with some people having prejudice against their relationship are the main things I want to know about. The progress made in the other relationships would be nice to see too.

I do agree about seeing more of relationships. Most series you see them finaly telling there love to the other person then the series ends... Either that or they never say anything and it ends... Come on! I want to see what happens!

Dizzae said:
LukasROAR said:
I second that! But as well Claymore needs to finish, Black lagoon especially with the whole cia thingy, the nun, i forget her name and i would also like to see elfen lied continue and bring some sort of conclusion to the company and lucy

The thing with Claymore is that they decided to take a different route at the end of the series to how the manga finished that arc, so they'd probably have to change everything to continue it, since the manga is still ongoing.
Elfen Lied i can kinda agree with, it does need some form of continuation since it only has done half the story.
Bebop shouldn't get a sequel at all to be honest. It finished fine, it doesn't need a continuation of any sort.

I have a few...

Nadesico - Like a proper continuation, not that god awful movie which bore only the most slightest resemblance to the series.

Kiki's Delivery Service - Damn, I want more, mooooooore I say!

ROD - More OVA style if poss, but more series style is great as well, but it is crying out for a continuation either way.

Dragon Half - Oh so you don't want to top Excel Saga for craziness though you definately have the power...

Ahh Ouran how could i forget you!?!?!

Fans like me are just greedy for more Spike with Bebop. We all know it would be a bad idea but, still.....Spike *sigh*

School Rumble and lots of it.

Full Metal Alchemist but dont ask me how.

I would say Macross but thats arleady getting more and it is awesome. Maybe I should just hope for a licencing miracle and a release over here instead.

Back