Most extreme sounding / looking opening themes ever?

I thought Monsters OP was rather refreshing. Not really a song but very ambient, atmospheric and not something people would really consider as an opening to a TV show.

About the Death Note OP. Loved the animation especially the part where he's spinning on the chair but the song just sounded like Japanese Slipknot and an average track at best that any band like that could have done.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
About the Death Note OP. Loved the animation especially the part where he's spinning on the chair but the song just sounded like Japanese Slipknot and an average track at best that any band like that could have done.

True. I wonder if they will change the music for an American/British release?

I like Texhnolyze's op theme - Juno Reactor's industrial sounding tune plus the weird imagery made it look like a NIN promo video. Two votes for Paranoia Agent too...I love the way it blasts out of the speakers like that!

My personal fave though has to be (outside of anything done by Yoko Kanno, obviously) the Delgados song used in Gunslinger Girl. I ended up buying the album on that alone and was really impressed with it.

Ark said:
My personal favourite is Paranoia Agent's.

Likewise, I saw it first at the NFT at the South Bank during the Japanese Animation Festival about two years ago or so... most of the audience were laughing, yet to me it was a very uncomfortable kind of "humourous" opening, maniacal even..

I think it's opening becomes darker the more you find out during the course of the series though..

Gott said:
Ark said:
My personal favourite is Paranoia Agent's.

Likewise, I saw it first at the NFT at the South Bank during the Japanese Animation Festival about two years ago or so... most of the audience were laughing, yet to me it was a very uncomfortable kind of "humourous" opening, maniacal even..

I think it's opening becomes darker the more you find out during the course of the series though..

True. It's like those horror films where they play children's music.

I especially like the bit towards the end when the cast flash in front of the screen then shounen bat attacks the audience.

Despite the fact that i've never even heard of most of the anime mentioned so far, you're all not even close to the most extreme opening theme song. :p

The most extreme opening theme song ever is the 'Pioneer' song that opens Tench Muyo OVA series 2. Seriously, it made my ears bleed. :wink:

Back