Most annoying advert on TV at the moment

Kezwick_Osaka

Student Council President
I'm one of those people who love to rant about annoying adverts. I don't have Sky+ or anything (Regular old Sky for me), so sadly, I have to put up with them. ;_;

So let's rant about adverts together! What ads showing on TV at the moment can't you stand?

(For me it's that bloomin' Envirophone ad. Those phones which are "ancient" and "soooo last year" were probably bought a couple of months ago... and don't believe you can get at least £50 from there. I need a new phone anyway, so I went on that website, said mine was worth only £3.50. D: )

confused.com

the people are so fake and irritating, it makes me wanna scream whenever it comes on, just thinking about it, makes me mad!

Any advert for government agencies (DVLA, Television Licensing) which more or less threatens and scares the population into giving the government as much money as they can, "Or else". They make me incredibly mad. It's like a protection racket FFS.

The Churchill adverts are starting to annoy me a lot. They're just not funny at all.
Plus that use the pc anywhere advert. You can use a computer without the keyboard...

That advert where that kid spins a fresh pizza on his hand then drops it everywhere including all over himself. Then the mother just comes in and gives him that 'oh what a little rascal' look and they all laugh. No way, I'm not buying it.

Apparently, I hate mobile phones.

- The Channel 4 '3' network adverts that trail before certain comedy shows have taken the not so coveted place in my hate-filled heart previously occupied by Dave's Cobra Beer trails.

'The Internet! Asking life's important questions like... what was he in?'.

Why do companies fail so hard at writing funny material to introduce comedy programming blocks? I know people in Marketing are automatically humourless shitscalps who haven't a clue how to cope with the scary digital age, but observational humour about the content of the Internet is still about a decade more out of date than I'd expect from them.

- Did you attend T-Mobile's uplifting and spontaneous dance-break at Liverpool Street Station? Or their inspiring and hilarious gathering in Trafalgar Square? Really?! Wonderful. Please step this way so I CAN SHOOT YOU IN THE ***ING FACE.

- Mazuma Mobile. The silent guy that features sets a new high standard for facial smugness on television. The way he smiles when he opens his kitchen drawer, you'd think he'd fallen - by great effort and foreplanning - into an oily pool of young, naked women. Or men, considering that he apparently once owned a brightly coloured cartoon phone-boy thing.

Also, he's recycling, and he hasn't got scraggly hippy-locks.

BlackWolf said:
Altir said:
That "we buy any car" ad, i hate that song so much it gives me energy.

This, back in may it seemed to be on in every ad break, on every channel.

Yep I watch very little TV nowadays, but I seemed to be assaulted by this every time I had the TV on. Ocean Finance is another one.

I can't stand the Churchill one where he's singing in the bar with that awful woman.Similar sounds could be achieved by jamming twigs up your nose and down your throat whilst attempting to sing.Also,those adverts that show the stereotypically wealthy people charging around their house like two toddlers injected with sherbert,attempting to find any scraps of gold to exchange for money.Do they really have to make those strange sounds reminiscant of a distressed Turkey?

I find all the PC training and software ones quite funny, when they try to look cool and cutting edge showing people using Macs. But when you look into it, or go to their web sites because the software sounds useful you find they don't actually do a Mac option.

I hate the majority of adverts due to their intentions, but lately the 118 118 sponsor adverts (I think it's on channel 4?) irritate me a great deal. I don't want my fond memories of Ghostbusters ruined by them abusing the theme, it was bad enough when they were using the music from the A-Team.

Wildcard said:
I hate the majority of adverts due to their intentions, but lately the 118 118 sponsor adverts (I think it's on channel 4?) irritate me a great deal. I don't want my fond memories of Ghostbusters ruined by them abusing the theme.

Much the same as myself then. I can't stand that advert because of how they destroyed the Ghostbusters theme. Its horrid.

Other adverts..erm the adverts which tell you to send off your phone for cash. They are irritating, not only cause they are crap, but because the chances are, unless you have a phone that is a year old at most, its prices are crap.

iisan said:
I hate the lawyers4u adverts, with that clearly evil son of a bitch rambling on about power.

That and the Muller rice ads are the ones that usually the hand twitching.

One of the best (no meme pun there) ads I've scene recently is the WKD one, with the guy waiting to go in for the interview X]

That reminds me of how much I hate Pepsi (Max) for that advert where the guy beats himself up so his friend gets a job. Edward Norton must be spinning in his grave.

Oh and whoever it is with the shot by shot rip-off of the climatic flashback sequence from Ratatouille. If they were aiming for homage, it didn't come out that way.

Arbalest said:
Wildcard said:
I hate the majority of adverts due to their intentions, but lately the 118 118 sponsor adverts (I think it's on channel 4?) irritate me a great deal. I don't want my fond memories of Ghostbusters ruined by them abusing the theme.

Much the same as myself then. I can't stand that advert because of how they destroyed the Ghostbusters theme. Its horrid.

Other adverts..erm the adverts which tell you to send off your phone for cash. They are irritating, not only cause they are crap, but because the chances are, unless you have a phone that is a year old at most, its prices are crap.
True, I've had my phone for 3 years, was brand-new and the latest model when I first got it and last month I decided it's finally time to get a new one, as my current phone has basically, started screwing up on me, turning itself off when it's fully-charged, etc. I went on Envirophone to see if it was worth sending away, typed in the make/model it was, it said it was worth £3.50. D:

Those lot on that advert probably change their phone every week if they're getting that much for them.

Back