More new anime for the UK from MVM

MangaMinX said:
Id certainly like to see Kaleido Star released here , hope it does .

That would certainly be nice.

I can think of a few titles I will kill to have released over here, Peach Girl, Monster, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and Prince of Tennis - oh! isn't it nice to dream :lol:

Miaka-chan said:
I can think of a few titles I will kill to have released over here, Peach Girl, Monster, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and Prince of Tennis - oh! isn't it nice to dream :lol:

well most of them are not even licensed in th us. and i dont see POT coming out in the UK for a very long time as its such a big serie and the market for sports anime series in the UK is small.

valha said:
I think the BBFC will be given Tenjou Tenge a 15 and i can see them giveing a few of the eps of Ikki Tousen a 18 as some of the are abit sexual but this is only my guess.
15 all the way.

The sexual moments (including the best dubbed sex scene in anime dub history lol) arent that mmuch worse than what you may see in your average Hollywood action flick.

valha said:
Miaka-chan said:

well most of them are not even licensed in th us. and i dont see POT coming out in the UK for a very long time as its such a big serie and the market for sports anime series in the UK is small.

None of them are licensed in USA! but that don't mean I can't wish for the impossible :cry:

im glad to see the rise in anime set for release for the UK from MVM, i mean, they were in the UK, but hardly anyone knew about them, then a year or two passes by, then... WHAM! quality titles are set for release, and many fans are saving up their cash to grab their hands on them ^_^
i used to be a ADV fan, primaraly due to the excellent US releases (so i switched to importing from the US) but then the UK market is getting better ones from MVM, such as FMA, Samurai Champloo and more!
lets hope MVM, plan to release these DVD's with a Limited Edition Collectors box!, i just love those! ^_^

Artboxes really seem to be something lacking in the anime market in the UK, there just dosent seem to be enough demand for companies to commit to them for the majority of releases.
It makes me think sales of a first volume release over here are quite possibly lower than the rest of the volumes in the series, as quite a few people import artboxes ( I do myself when money permits ).

true but there are alot more artbox sets coming out this year with all bandi realse and theres Yu Yu Hakusho (Limited Edition) if they do well who knows we may see more from them and maybe even ADV as they did have that poll a few mouths back about how much would you pay for a boxset.

MangaMinX said:
Artboxes really seem to be something lacking in the anime market in the UK, there just dosent seem to be enough demand for companies to commit to them for the majority of releases.
It makes me think sales of a first volume release over here are quite possibly lower than the rest of the volumes in the series, as quite a few people import artboxes ( I do myself when money permits ).
I don't think the import market is particularly big. On the other hand, the anime market itself is hardly huge, so even a couple of hundred sales lost to this probably make a difference.

Also bear in mind that US companies have stated that collector's boxes lose money. I just hope they do well enough over here for them to keep coming.

I'm waiting for ADV to pull its finger out, while they sit on really popular titles such as Kalido Star, Peacemaker Kuragame etc MVM are getting a fantasic lineup.

On a similar note, I wonder how GANTZ will be recieved by the BBFC.

i heard that the Gantz dvd's currntly on sale in america is a total rip-off!
apparently, it appears that each volume will only have around 2 episodes!!!, now that is just ripping a hole in your wallet!
and since the ADV releases from US, now comming to the UK, are just Exact copies, i think they may have around 2 eps over here as well.
( go to this link if u dont beleive me about the US version http://www.advfilms.com/CatalogFilms_De ... p?ID=62656 )

Madman are releasing Gantz in Australia with 6 or 7 discs I believe. So theres no reason a UK release cant be 6 or 7 discs. In my opinion the market here wouldnt support a 13 disc release of a 26 episode series.

Ninja Boy! said:
i heard that the Gantz dvd's currntly on sale in america is a total rip-off!
apparently, it appears that each volume will only have around 2 episodes!!!, now that is just ripping a hole in your wallet!

The price is much less though, as UP1 are selling each release for just £10.40 and even the artbox version is only £16.00.
I suppose they have their reasons for releasing it like that :?:

A reviewer on animeondvd.com emailed hugh Davids (heah of ADV UK) and he said it will probably be a 6-7 disc release.

Bet you it will be the exact same discs as the R4 version.

may be cheaper but in the long run, wouldnt you pay around the average anime dvd price for around 4-5 eps on a disk, rather than 2 eps -_-

Back