Mnemosyne Licensed for uk

The artwork on Anime Online made me really curious but seeing the cover was a let down. From artistic to monoboobs.

Still, might give it a try if I get hungry for something not in my existing backlog.

R

fabricatedlunatic said:
On the subject of Mnemosyne DVD cover art and freakish breasts, what in the name of Satan is going on here?

Monoboob girl vs big breast girl on the deck of a ship. They failed to present them on sailor uniforms though....

chaos said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
On the subject of Mnemosyne DVD cover art and freakish breasts, what in the name of Satan is going on here?

Monoboob girl vs big breast girl on the deck of a ship. They failed to present them on sailor uniforms though....

:lol:

a show that features breast cancer

now im not laughing at the cancer itself , but it does seem humorous that she has a monoboob

More than anything else it reminds me of the stuff that was first coming out from Manga Video in the early 90's like Urotsukidoji and Demon City. Only with better plot and graphic design. It had a strangely retro feel.

Watched it when it was being fansubed and really don't want to think of anyone fapping to it as it pretty much guro in places. Also curious as to who the monoboob is, its none of the leads ( thou it may be the ineffectual bad girl).
They show wasn't bad, it did a fairly good job of showing characters over a long period of time, while the immortals are well immortal there is also a side character who progress is tracked through the ages and who's son and granddaughter take on when he passes on. While the main plot is fairly wierd the day to day stories are easy enough to get. May not get it right off the bat, but if it is on sale may pick it up.

According to Manga's Twitter page, they now have acquired this.

"Comic Con H'Lights #3 Showgate. Manga acquiring Rin Daughters of Mnemosyne for UK. Watched 2001 Nights show reel. Nice."

Hurrah! I went from disinterested to fairly curious then had it snatched away. The unintentional hype caused by announcing it with some strange covers then removing it means I'll probably end up grabbing Manga's release to satisfy myself and see what it's all about.

R

Interesting. If they go with a £20/25 price point for the whole series that'll be hard to resist. But with Manga's busy release schedule and Funimation not yet announcing a date for the US, it probably won't be out for another six months.

C'mon, Funi, I need my dose of lesbians and violence.

The OVA wasn't bad I enjoyed it enough to watch it all. I would be interested in buying it there's at least 3 episodes a disc.

On a sidenote what the heck was the point of releasing La Blue Girl Returns in the UK? The BBFC must have hacked it to pieces. :roll:

Funi have announced the english cast for RIN ~Daughters of Mnemosyne.

Rin–Colleen Clickenbeard
Mimi-Jamie Marchi
APOS-Todd Haberkorn
Laura-Clarine Harp
Sayara-Monica Rial
Kouki-Robert McCollum.

Back