Minor News Round Up from Manga Twitter Part 1

Neferpitou

Stand User
manga_logo_about_usb.jpg

This is 1st of a round up off all other minor news not yet reported from MANGA UK from their twitter feed. While there are no real surprises or major news stories worthy of separate topic, there still some interested info and maybe some of your questions maybe answered.

They are considering re-releasing Akira on DVD & Blu-Ray

Source

They still unsure of picking up license from past released shows from the now dead ADV UK

Source

They don't know If they are going to release the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime.

Source

They have Gave up on licensing BLOOD+ TV Anime, Problem getting the DUB

Source

Manga are going to contact Funimation regarding UK rights to the series once released by revelation

Source

Neferpitou said:
They are considering re-releasing Akira on DVD & Blu-Ray

Source

Yay for Akira in BD!!!

Neferpitou said:
They still unsure of picking up license from past released shows from the now dead ADV UK

Source
Those that I believe they could have saved would be Full metal Panic & Eva. I think it makes sense to have them available,

Neferpitou said:
They don't know If they are going to release the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime.

Source
Possibly the only revelation rescue that makes sense. Although I'd ike to see beck, hell girl & suzuka rescued.

Neferpitou said:
They have Gave up on licensing BLOOD+ TV Anime, Problem getting the DUB

Source
=( That's a shame, I'd get that one.

ConanThe3rd said:
Paradox295 said:
Complete Series boxset of Naruto might be scrapped.
http://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/17262578000
Hardly suprised. Who would by such a monstrosity?!
I would buy it. Only way I would actually get the fillers or else I'd just buy until the end of the sasuke retrieval arc.

chaos said:
Neferpitou said:

Source
Possibly the only revelation rescue that makes sense. Although I'd ike to see beck, hell girl & suzuka rescued.
Well, Negima! Series 1 makes sense aswell since they already have Negima!? Series 2
chaos said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Paradox295 said:
Complete Series boxset of Naruto might be scrapped.
http://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/17262578000
Hardly suprised. Who would by such a monstrosity?!
I would buy it. Only way I would actually get the fillers or else I'd just buy until the end of the sasuke retrieval arc.
The Season sets will be around a tenner by the time the 3rd or 4th Shippuden Box Set comes out here

I'd welcome an Akira re-release on DVD. It's alway gonna make them money, from newcomers and people returning to the scene alike.

Plus I still need it for my collection. : )

While they're talking to Funi, I wouldn't mind them trying for Initial D if possible. Nobody else in the UK has that now, do they?

Paradox295 said:
Well, Negima! Series 1 makes sense aswell since they already have Negima!? Series 2
I sometimes wish I got Revelation's box, but it was £50 and I was committed to a lot of Japanese imports at the time so didn't have any money to spare (and already had the full Japanese set for the series).

Paradox295 said:
chaos said:
Neferpitou said:

Source

Well I quite enjoyed series 2 of Negima but I wouldn't dream of thinking about get the first series. Simply because the first series is over the top fan service while the second series is more comedy/action based series. My opinion maybe in the minority but it does prove that liking second series of Negima means you necessarily will like the first series of Negima.

There wasn't that much fanservice in the first series - it was aired on TV Tokyo. They did add some panty shots for the DVDs, but only two or three IIRC.

Neferpitou said:
Well I quite enjoyed series 2 of Negima but I wouldn't dream of thinking about get the first series. Simply because the first series is over the top fan service while the second series is more comedy/action based series. My opinion maybe in the minority but it does prove that liking second series of Negima means you necessarily will like the first series of Negima.
The OADs have lots of fanservice, as they follow the manga.
This is a fanservice/harem series remember the action is there for the same reason it is in Ikkitousen.

Negima!? is a remake not a season 2, sure the plot is nonexistent but it looks much better than the first version did.
If you like the second one you will not like the first, but wiill like the OADs. If you like the manga you will like the first one and the OADs but not the second.

I like the manga but neither of the TV series, only the OADs.

Also massively disagree that the manga isn't equal parts shounen action along with its other elements, the action is in no way throw-away stuff (not that it is in Ikki Tousen, either, especially if we're talking about the manga).

Back