Mighty Boosh

Not to make this post completely devoted to trashing TMB, but seriously, I don't understand why it's funny.

I watched a few episodes round at my mates a few months back, and throughout the entire thing I must've smirked a few times-- it's completely dry in the humour and originality section.

Although TMB seems to jump as near as possible to the droll-esque jokes and sketches-- seemingly obvious and I've already made up my mind, but I'm still gonna ask:

What exactly is it you find funny?

Kurogane said:
Not to make this post completely devoted to trashing TMB, but seriously, I don't understand why it's funny.

I watched a few episodes round at my mates a few months back, and throughout the entire thing I must've smirked a few times-- it's completely dry in the humour and originality section.

Although TMB seems to jump as near as possible to the droll-esque jokes and sketches-- seemingly obvious and I've already made up my mind, but I'm still gonna ask:

Well tbh, i like that it's completely un-original, it's Random & it's strange.

So it makes me laugh ocasionally. :eek:

Kurogane said:
Because it's utterly retarded and random, trust me, some of it I just think "Mayn, that wasn't even funny." To other times I think "Haha, hilarious." I think it's decent myself, nothing amazing though. Though I see what you mean, at first I didn't laugh much, but once I saw that one clip with the black guy from I.T. Crowd in it, it became lulzy.

Well, for me, if something is appealing or at least humourous more often than not, then it isn't even worth watching, let alone being labelled as a great comedy show.

You wouldn't call someone hilarious if they told one kickass joke, but were otherwise shoot-yourself-in-the-head boring.

I absolutely adore the Boosh lol
Series 3 for me is pretty good so far.
First episode was terrible though but the rest have been pretty great.
Gotta love the Crack Fox
but my overall fave character is either Tony Harrison or Charlie

Hey I'm glad there are some booshians on the forums - The 2nd series is the best - I think that the 3rd series is kind of like series 2.5 but its still good - Rich Fulcher is my favourite of the cast - as for those who dont like it, I feel the boosh is something you go "WHAT?" or "This is genius!" so if you dont like then fair enough - it just aint for you! I love it because its so random and magically surreal!! - Nanageddon is my favourite episode

Churchy99 said:
Hey I'm glad there are some booshians on the forums - The 2nd series is the best - I think that the 3rd series is kind of like series 2.5 but its still good - Rich Fulcher is my favourite of the cast - as for those who dont like it, I feel the boosh is something you go "WHAT?" or "This is genius!" so if you dont like then fair enough - it just aint for you! I love it because its so random and magically surreal!! - Nanageddon is my favourite episode

You off to see them on the 2008 tour?

'This is an outraaaaaaaaaaaage' is my message tone lol.

LukasROAR said:
Churchy99 said:

Yeah I'm booking tickets this weekend!!! I didnt get to go to 2006!!

"Saboo you slag!"

Also I have pretty much everysong and know every song I'm a booshified freak! so ive got to start learning series 3 now!!

Churchy99 said:
LukasROAR said:
Churchy99 said:

"Saboo you slag!"

Also I have pretty much everysong and know every song I'm a booshified freak! so ive got to start learning series 3 now!!

Tried to get tickets but ticketmaster crashed on me.GRRR then they sold out

eggybob said:
Churchy99 said:
LukasROAR said:
Churchy99 said:

"Saboo you slag!"

Tried to get tickets but ticketmaster crashed on me.GRRR then they sold out

I managed to get them through the Boosh mailing list.
I tried to get tickets for one of the 3 sheffield gigs at 10am but it crashed, i was at uni so i went to the library came back and ordered bang on 11 by then there was only one sheffield date left!
I had no idea they were that popular.
Conformation didn't even specify where i was sitting so i have no idea where the seats are!

Just watched the last episode i didn't think it was too funny that time...

Oh i'm gonna get tickets to the gig soon, It better be cool! >;D

maa tried to get tickets,but bang on 10 am the sites were saying they were already sold out.I mean wtf? As if.Of course,minutes after,there they all are on ebay being sold for ridiculous amounts.No doubt more dates will be added,but they were so good last time it makes me want to see them even more this time around.Argh! I HATE ticket touts!

I know what you mean!! I got the boosh live DVD and said "Oh crap I should have gone" The annoying thing is I told my dad theyd just finished doing the tour and he said "They were doing a tour?! We definately would have gone to that!"
I smashed my head at numerous walls in the next 5 minutes!

I completely don't get this show. It's not clever, but then at least it's not trying to be... it IS strange, but in a completely harmless, undisturbing and therefore, completely mundane way. It's the weebl's stuff of British Comedy.

Ok, not quite that bad.

I admit, I'm disturbed by a few of the darker elements of Mighty Boosh (especially that weird trash fox thing from episode 4 I think). It reminds me of worzel gummidge, really wrong :|

Paul said:
I admit, I'm disturbed by a few of the darker elements of Mighty Boosh (especially that weird trash fox thing from episode 4 I think). It reminds me of worzel gummidge, really wrong :|

Yeah! After Old Gregg I'm pretty much prepared for anything!! and the live old gregg and what happened with howard too!

Back