Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya "new animation" pics

Wildcard said:
Maxon said:
As much as I get annoyed by the fanbase and how overrated the series is, I'll still watch it. However, this is the kind of crap that's holding back the 4th season of Full Metal Panic. Thank you Haruhi fans and creators.

Couldn't agree more, that's another year to wait before the next FMP I'll wager.

I've waited ages for FMP, i can wait a bit longer, but its still something i'd like to see sooner rather than later. But even still, there is a reason i'm keeping up to date with the novels :p

@adamcube - i'm waiting to see how they approach it first, KyoAni have done great work with what they've done to date, its just i can see it going wrong if they decide to stray away from the haruhi novels at all.

RetroRainbow said:
adamcube~ I'm totally ecstatic right now.

Ohhhh, I really can't wait for this.
Bet a lot of people will be wondering why Asakuras' still there, eh? ;)
Also~
Haruhi looks fabulous in her uniform~ can't wait to see Itsuki in his.

Long hair.... long hair.... *floats away on a cloud of happy fanboy-ism*

Last edited by a moderator:
adamcube said:
RetroRainbow said:

Also~

Long hair.... long hair.... *floats away on a cloud of happy fanboy-ism*

then she can put into a pony tail

RetroRainbow said:

Also~

Heh, leave them to wonder why she's there for a wee bit ;p
I don't think you see her in a ponytail though, at least from what i remember, mind you, ya never know what KyoAni will do.

Otaku-san said:
adamcube said:
Otaku-san said:
I reckon there hair extensions :wink:

Lies.... LIES!

Oooor

shes copying konata
Or the artist submitted a Shana promo pic by mistake! :p I didn't realise Noizi Ito worked on character designs for both until recently, but I can certainly detect a definite style to her work.

Anyway, although Haruhi's new look is very Shana-esque I think the longer bangs suit her. At any rate, it'll be nice to see the new series really shake up the premise - for all the rave reviews saying how the first season tore up the genre conventions, it still seemed like a high school comedy to me so with that and its success in mind, I think KyoAni can get away with playing around with the format.

Martin said:
Otaku-san said:
adamcube said:
Otaku-san said:

Lies.... LIES!

Oooor

shes copying konata
Or the artist submitted a Shana promo pic by mistake! :p I didn't realise Noizi Ito worked on character designs for both until recently, but I can certainly detect a definite style to her work.

Anyway, although Haruhi's new look is very Shana-esque I think the longer bangs suit her. At any rate, it'll be nice to see the new series really shake up the premise - for all the rave reviews saying how the first season tore up the genre conventions, it still seemed like a high school comedy to me so with that and its success in mind, I think KyoAni can get away with playing around with the format.

The thing is, As much as the first series was Comedy, the next one(providing they go for Disappearance, which looks likely) Its not really going to have as much comedy this time round. At least for half the series, as i'd expect Disappearance won't fill the entire series up. The series, as it goes on, it still has its comedy obviously, but it does become less frequent as it goes.

Otaku: I know as its exactly how she looks in the fourth novel ;p She has long hair during it. As to why and such, either read the novels or just wait.

fair enough, one step ahead of me then

but no were as near as they kept switching the hair colour to the characters on Negima

Baaa-aangs
above your eyes
your hair haaa-angs

Arbalest said:
Martin said:
Otaku-san said:
adamcube said:
Otaku-san said:

Lies.... LIES!

Oooor

shes copying konata

The thing is, As much as the first series was Comedy, the next one(providing they go for Disappearance, which looks likely) Its not really going to have as much comedy this time round. At least for half the series, as i'd expect Disappearance won't fill the entire series up. The series, as it goes on, it still has its comedy obviously, but it does become less frequent as it goes.

Otaku: I know as its exactly how she looks in the fourth novel ;p She has long hair during it. As to why and such, either read the novels or just wait.

Aside from the fan translations, which I already know exist, has there been any movement on an official translation of the Haruhi light novels? It seems I can't read books when they aren't in book form.

adamcube said:
Arbalest said:
Martin said:
Otaku-san said:
adamcube said:
Otaku-san said:

Lies.... LIES!

Oooor

shes copying konata

Aside from the fan translations, which I already know exist, has there been any movement on an official translation of the Haruhi light novels? It seems I can't read books when they aren't in book form.

Indeed there has, the first light novel is getting a hardback and paperback release in the english in april next year, so you can finally start reading them soon enough...well not exactly soon but still.

Arbalest said:
adamcube said:
Arbalest said:
Martin said:
Otaku-san said:
adamcube said:
Otaku-san said:

Lies.... LIES!

Oooor

shes copying konata

Indeed there has, the first light novel is getting a hardback and paperback release in the english in april next year, so you can finally start reading them soon enough...well not exactly soon but still.

Oh well that's excellent news! I'll be sure to look into Yen Press too, RetroRainbow. Cheers for the heads up.

Did someone say more?

ponytailmoe.jpg

RetroRainbow said:
Ah-ha! I was right.
She looks in the process of changing into the tracksuit there.

Hah, they should really just go out and say that its revolving around novel 4, instead of just saying "we're still discussing it" or whatever, since its pretty darn obvious it is now. I think all this could easily overhype the series for some people if they keep doing bits like that =/(if its not overhyped for some already, of course)

Back