MCM London May 2018 Announcements: MVM Entertainment Round-up

Even though I loved horror, I've never actually seen When They Cry because the 'moe-ness' of the character designs has always put me off. Ten years on and we're still talking about it, so I guess it's worth a look after all?

Even though I loved horror, I've never actually seen When They Cry because the 'moe-ness' of the character designs has always put me off. Ten years on and we're still talking about it, so I guess it's worth a look after all?
Its 100% a cute girls doing cute things PG-13 rated, nothing at all bad happens anime.... Trust me

Just watch its OP:

Trust me :) :) :) :)

Very happy to see Arslan's continuation get rescued.
I really hope MVM can manage to continue with consistent packaging from the Universal releases for Arslan. Some great pick-ups here from them, but I still don't entirely trust their cover art department not to screw up. It's frustrating, because I'd rather buy local releases but sometimes I end up importing just to avoid MVM's naff looking covers. Like the Chobits Blu-ray cover which is just a straight copy of the cover from Funi's Anime Classics DVD line with the branding removed, even though they haven't released any other titles in that style.

It's probably lost a bit of its shock value in the interim, especially after Madoka pulled a similar subversion of people's expectations and received way more attention for it, but I think it still holds up pretty well. I've only seen the original 26 episode series though, this might be a good opportunity to remedy that.

*sigh* And I guess I'll end up getting Bakuon, won't I?

Last edited:
@ayase Seems like a waste to only watch the first season, the second season is the one with all the answers in it. I can’t imagine watching one without the other. Still have yet to watch Season 3, however, it all wrapped up in Season 2 with a neat bow, I have no idea what a third season could even do.

@ayase Seems like a waste to only watch the first season, the second season is the one with all the answers in it. I can’t imagine watching one without the other. Still have yet to watch Season 3, however, it all wrapped up in Season 2 with a neat bow, I have no idea what a third season could even do.
Yeah I haven't seen season 3 either, the plot synopsis didn't exactly grab me but I like the characters enough that I'd give it a try one day.

Maybe I did then, I can't even remember. I know I only own the first season by way of the original Geneon single DVDs in the big box. This is why I should make better use of MAL.

Its 100% a cute girls doing cute things PG-13 rated, nothing at all bad happens anime.... Trust me

Just watch its OP:

Trust me :):):):)
Oh you will love it! Two of the girls do each other's nails!

As I said in the other thread, I'm super happy to see Higurashi released over here. It's my favourite series of all time, so I'm glad more people get to enjoy it. Definitely going to get the collectors edition <3

Just watch its OP:

Trust me :):):):)

To my mind, the trust-worthiness of a post can be directly correlated with the amount of smilies in said post. Consider yourself trusted, and going by what you're saying here, Higurashi looks like the kind of anime I could watch with my Mum & Dad! I'll let you know how that goes!

Back