MCM London Comic Con October 2017 Announcements Thread

I'll be cancelling my pre-order, It'll likely be cheaper and also import fee-free getting the set from AL and will make December less painful...

Cheaper i'm not sure.
According to this article the serie will be split into 3 collector edition, and knowing AL's price I don't think it will be cheaper than the ~ 150$ complete box from Nozomi.
But I can be wrong.
I could be wrong as well, but regardless I'm willing to wait for the AL release even if it costs a bit more.

Last edited:
I already preordered the fancy US Utena (I've lost count of how many times I've bought this series by now) but that's an excellent pickup. If MVM still have the film it would be nice to see them sync it up for a rerelease so everyone can capitalise on the same marketing push; it's one of my very favourites.

Might upgrade my Junjou Romantica if the sets are pretty.

Still gutted about Rakugo, though.

R

Was there. The collectors (don't think it was explicitly called out as collectors) would be a single set containing all 3 arcs. The standard edition would be 3 sets.

That's great news - if it's one set I imagine they will have access to assets for an art book (which is very exciting given AL's excellent track record with artbooks) and you'll get a great looking product at a lower cost while supporting the UK industry (win-win)

Was there. The collectors (don't think it was explicitly called out as collectors) would be a single set containing all 3 arcs. The standard edition would be 3 sets.

Clears for the clarification. I figured there was one bit of info that wasn't accurate when I was typing it all up. The article is now updated to reflect this.

Pay more for Nozomi's Ultra Edition with the movie, or pay less for better packaging... Hmmmmm....

FBsZdey.gif

Does anyone know why it took so long for this to happen? My assumption is that a prestige title that is nevertheless quite divisive would always be a gamble in a smaller market like ours.

I think it is partly because for years no British company was licensing the same stuff that RightStuf was selling in the states.

Back