MCM July '14 | NEW: Battle of Gods, Bayonetta, Harlock CGI

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
It's that time again. There's been speculation of a big license announcement (something that would fill our shelves), news of the live action Street Fighter series and details on Attack on Titan Part 2 in addition to the Q4 schedule for Manga UK.

PANEL NOTE:
- FYI, running about 15-20 mins behind schedule today on the panels. We'll give you a full update after. ^JG #MCMComicCon

LATEST NEWS (evidence from UK Anime Network's Tweets):
- The panel begins with a trailer for the Ghost in the Shell Steelbook.
- Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Border 1 and 2 to be released as a single, two-disc release on November 24th.
- The Bayonetta: Bloody Fate movie has been licensed for a UK DVD and Blu-Ray release.
- Bayonetta: Bloody Fate will also be released on November 24th. Contract was signed only yesterday!
- A Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist trailer is now running.
- Street Fighter: Assasin's Fist, will be released on DVD, Blu-Ray and Steelbook edition on October 27th.
- Assassin's Fist will be released on home video in a film format, rather than the episodic web releases.
- Assassin's Fist is available to view on YouTube until the end of this month if you want to check it out!
- Now, an Attack on Titan trailer.
- Attack on Titan - Part 1 is coming on September 15th - DVD, Blu-Ray and Collector's Edition Blu-Ray, as we already know.
- Part 2 of Attack on Titan will now be released on October 27th on DVD and Blu-Ray. No plans for a complete series box set at this time.
- A trailer for the Harlock movie, due to steam on Netflix at the start of August.
- Manga Entertainment will be releasing Harlock on DVD and Blu-Ray early next year.
- Another trailer now - Dragon Ball Z - Battle of The Gods.
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods coming to DVD and Blu-Ray in the UK!
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods will be released December 10th 2014 on DVD and Blu-Ray. The film will also be screened at a few UK cinemas.
- Scotland Loves Anime will also be screening Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods at this year's event! @lovesanimation
- Battle of Gods has been licensed from Fox rather than Toei. The release will contain Japanese and English audio with English subtitles.
- To clarify for those asking, it's the 2013 CG Harlock movie which has been licensed by Netflix and Manga Entertainment.
- We asked about audio options for Ghost in the Shell: Arise, as we've heard rumours that FUNimation's US release is English-dub only...
- No news on this that anyone on the panel is aware of at present, they will check on this and let us know in the future!
- That's the panel over folks - thanks as always for joining us!

RELEASE DATE ORDER (mainly for the Q4 titles):
10/27 - Attack on Titan: Part 2 (Blu-ray & DVD)
10/27 - Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist (Blu-ray, DVD & Steelbook)
11/24 - Bayonetta: Bloody Fate (Blu-ray & DVD)
11/24 - Ghost in the Shell: ARISE border 1 & 2 (Blu-ray & DVD)
12/10 - Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray & DVD)

2015 - Space Pirate Captain Harlock the Movie (Blu-ray & DVD)

Panel originally started at 2pm but was delayed to 2:30pm today.

Re: MCM July 2014: ARISE border 1 & 2 November 24th

Hope it isnt more ******* dragon ball. How many more times does that thing have to do be released?

Re: MCM July '14: No plans for Attack on Titan complete set

For some reason I was hoping we might have seen Manga improve the AoT "CE" box. My unfounded optimism in favour of the improbable lives on to dream another day, however.

Well, I guess the big one was DBZ: Battle of the Gods.

It's been licensed from Fox instead of Toei though.

Re: MCM July '14 | Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods - Dec 10th

I'll be curious to see how Toei reacts to this.

Anywho the biggest news (atm) to me is the Harlock movie.

Joshawott said:
Well, I guess the big one was DBZ: Battle of the Gods.

It's been licensed from Fox instead of Toei though.

The shelf space one?

Been nearly 10 minutes, Manga must be discussing something that would take a while to go with.

Seems most of their new announcements are films / OVA's.
Perhaps Manga are reverting back to when they predominantly licensed these over series. Won't complain with that as they always seem to put some nice effort into their films.
Nice to see them moving away from relying on Funimation too much.

Probably also due to Anime Limited picking up the big shows that normally go to Funimation that Manga would sub-license from.

Don't know why I bothered getting hyped for this "big" "shelf space" announcement :/

My personal theory is that they reckon their 'two series every week' approach could have potentially been damaging sales as people were essentially flooded with choice and didn't know what to pick. A lot of these titles weren't exactly top drawer - so perhaps by pulling back to more recognizable franchises and OVAs, there's less risk essentially, and more guarantee of better sales. Titles get more time in the sun this way, in essence.

Like you say, All The Anime have been really stepping up their game (as have MVM with Monogatari and Fate/Zero), so the whole market is becoming more competitive for the 'big' titles.

That said, I imagine there's more Q4 releases than just these to be announced (aside from obvious ongoing ones like Naruto and Bleach etc.)

Re: MCM July '14 | Panel over...

Aside from penciling in a few dates, such as Arise and Bayonetta, it was pretty much a waste of an hour.

I assume DBZ: Battle of Gods was supposed to be the "big announcement".

Glad to hear it will be in some UK cinemas, but as they're in Manchester I'd have thought they'd say if it will be on here, and alas, they didn't.

Personally, I'm interested in Ghost in the Shell. I really hope Manga UK and Nintendo UK team up for Bayonetta cross promotion though, as Bayonetta 2 is out in October.

Which they'll only do if Nintendo contacts them about it, they won't chase other companies - rememebr? :p

Am suprised they managed to slip DBZ in this year, figured it would be spring next year, so that is good (unless it gets pushed back).

Back