May 2007 UK anime DVD releases

Noratav said:
It appears ADV have a last minute addition to their May release schedule:

Zone of the Enders Box Set - 21st May 2007

I for one shall be getting this. Zone of the Enders is a series I've looking to get for while, but haven't got around to. What with the Beez box sets and this, May is looking to be an expensive month.

does it have the movie with it? cause i found the series makes alot more sence with it

Ryo Chan said:
Noratav said:

I for one shall be getting this. Zone of the Enders is a series I've looking to get for while, but haven't got around to. What with the Beez box sets and this, May is looking to be an expensive month.

does it have the movie with it? cause i found the series makes alot more sence with it
It does include the OVA movie, according to a press release from ADV.

Gawyn said:
Ryo Chan said:
Noratav said:

It does include the OVA movie, according to a press release from ADV.

It's also going only going to be available online according to the press release. I presume the online exclusive thing is because they're soliciting it so late.

Necromancer said:
Naruto 2:1 has dubtitles :evil: :evil: :evil:

Btw if you read a review on DVDtimes or similar they said it has dubtitles, 70% of Manga Ent. releases are dubtitles now. Better than said 'Sakura is giving me evils' or 'Im eating pot noodle'.

At least they use a fair amount of Japanese slang in the Viz Dub.

Jayme said:
Necromancer said:
Naruto 2:1 has dubtitles :evil: :evil: :evil:

Btw if you read a review on DVDtimes or similar they said it has dubtitles, 70% of Manga Ent. releases are dubtitles now. Better than said 'Sakura is giving me evils' or 'Im eating pot noodle'.

At least they use a fair amount of Japanese slang in the Viz Dub.

70%? every other Manga DVD I've watched has been fine probably cause the dub was good, Naruto is terrible because the dub has added/removed dialogue (I hate not having subs for what Naruto said while his face was covered,etc/subs for lines no one said) and different timing when compared to other dubs so you notice the dubtitles after a few mins.

Dubtitles are what make Manga UK bad. I'm still pissed off at them because I had to import Millennium Actress as the subs were pretty unwatchable. I thought they were past that now though.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Dubtitles are what make Manga UK bad. I'm still pissed off at them because I had to import Millennium Actress as the subs were pretty unwatchable. I thought they were past that now though.
They went through an excellent patch of high quality... and then got caught up on the Starz Media takeover, which I think has scaused a downswing in that quality.

Noratav said:

I really want this so will have to sell off a load of stuff on ebay to add to my anime fund

The website is probably automatically translated on you're computer due to some software, It untouched language is French, hence it being a .fr website

Back