Massive Schedule update: Including 2 Brand New UK Titles

Neferpitou

Stand User
Massive Schedule update: 2 Brand New Titles, New Volumes of Existing Titles & Box Set Re-Releases:

Brand New Titles:
<strong>Chanbara Beauty</strong> - 03/08/2009 - RRP &pound;17.99
<strong>Shigurui: Death Frenzy - Complete Series</strong> - 03/08/2009 -RRP &pound;19.99
&nbsp;
New Volumes of Existing Titles:
<strong>Blue Dragon: Vol.3 & 4</strong> - 27/07/2009 - RRP &pound;19.99
<strong>Negima: Series 2 Part 2</strong> - 07/09/2009 - RRP &pound;19.99
<strong>Blue Dragon Vol.5 & 6 </strong>- 21/09/2009 - RRP &pound;19.99
<strong>Darker Than Black Vol.3 & 4 </strong>-28/09/2009 - RRP &pound;19.99
&nbsp;
Box Set Re-Releases:
<strong>Black Lagoon 1st Barrage</strong> - 06/07/2009* - RRP &pound;29.99
<strong>Black Lagoon 2nd Barrage</strong> - 17/08/2009* - RRP &pound;29.99
<strong>Bleach: Complete Series 3</strong> - 17/08/2009 - RRP: &pound;34.99
<strong>Death Note Complete Series </strong>- 28/09/2009 - RRP &pound;59.99
&nbsp;
<strong>* </strong>Black Lagoon now getting released in 2 separate box sets instead of one box set, but it get released earlier.

I'm still waiting for the Bleach 2 box set to drop to £14.99 so it can join my unwatched Bleach 1 box set, which I paid £15 for.

/cheap

And, upon seeing the Death Note box set, part of me feels like crying now that I own volumes 1-3 and plan on getting 4-5. I might actually go ahead and cry if the set contains 9 thinpack cases and the box art is stylish. We're getting a waaaay better deal than the Americans did with Death Note - they have to buy two separate box sets.

The Black Lagoon news sucks ****. I was planning on getting it in one box set once it drpped to under £30 but I'm not going to bother getting two.

As for the rest, meh. The DtB set won't be out for ages since the first set isn't coming out until after my birthday, so there's no point even thinking about it at this point when it's so far away. Damn Manga for pushing back release dates of stuff I want...

Just Passing Through said:
Will Shigurui make it through the BBFC without getting sliced?
I should think so. The BBFC aren't quite so squeamish these days. Assuming it does get through unscathed it's great news, since I was considering paying a lot more to import it.

Death Note Complete Series Box Set (MANGA) RRP £59.99 28/09/2009
Haha, I knew it. Thinpak please.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Just Passing Through said:
Will Shigurui make it through the BBFC without getting sliced?
I should think so. The BBFC aren't quite so squeamish these days. Assuming it does get through unscathed it's great news, since I was considering paying a lot more to import it.
Had a look at the review on AnimeonDVD (Incidentally, the US got Bluray of this too) and it mentions a goodly amount of sex and violence. Together. as in not just a bit of sex then a bit of violence, but violent sex. That is still a big BBFC no-no in any regard. Some of the key phrases from that review...

"bloody, violent, sexual, and violently sexual"

"eating the eyeball of somebody he had just killed"

"cutting the nipple off Lady Iku"

"tries to have is own daughter raped"

"strangling his own concubine for sexual thrills"

"performing autofellatio while thinking of an underage boy"

Doubt this will get through unscathed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The BBFC only have a real issue if the sex is intended to titillate. It doesn't sound as though this is the case, but as usual it will depend upon the subjective judgement of faceless people.

Been needing to pick up the second barrage for a while now, guess it's lucky I did decide to hold off. Even if the boxset goes for the full price of £29.99 it'd still be the same as buying the singles...if the singles are still the same price they were last time I checked :p

Bleach and Negima are the only ones i'm arsed about.

I already have the Black Lagoon on import and that was the only other one i'd have bothered with.

It's Revelations schedule that I want as they're currently taking the piss.

Hmm nothing for me but that's mostly because I already have things as singles etc. Cool news about Shigurui - another nice price for a pretty new show.

R

All ready have the Black Lagoon and Bleach discs,just waiting on part 2 of series 3.Nothing else really caught my eye except the two titles at the top ,Chanbara beauty and Shiguri Death Frenzy.What genres are they ,have any of you seen them and are they worth getting blind without seeing any episodes first.
I ask this because I recently bought Starship Operators without seeing a single episode and really enjoyed it.Thanks for any info in advance. :)

Chanbara Beauty is a live-action title from Manga Ent. it's based on the video games Onechanbara which have been released in the UK on the PS2, XB360 and Wii.

About samurai girls in bikini's fighting hordes of zombies.

I have never played onechanbara. That's right I've never played Onechanbara: Bikini samurai squad on the xbox 360

*creeps away* :p

However I did try and watch the final fight on youtube. I decided I would never pay above £2 for the film.

I might be picking up the Black Lagoon sets.
I've already got both series on single discs, however... I am in desperate need of shelving space. :eek:

I might also splash out on Death Note, if it's as good as the manga.
Anyone like to recommend/condem?

Slightly off topic, I also need to get the Gundam Seed and Destiny boxes.
Again, space is becoming a major issue.

I mentioned OneChanBara was getting released a few months back, no one cared. lol.

With that said, definately buying Shigurui.

Back