MangaUK license announcements ...

Got the Hetalia film already so besides that I think the only thing I won't bother with is Panty & Stocking (the pictures i've seen reminds me of powerpuff girls and I didn't like that art style). I'll give everything else a go.

I would definitely not buy a UK set, since it sounds as though they have contributed to making it 'impossible' for me to have a matching US special edition set with soundtracks and premium packaging, and I have no wish to support that.

R

MangaUK also have Chaos;Head. DVD only. source.

EDIT: Damn it, beaten once again.

What's up with all these DVD-only releases? Seems like the FMA movies are the only BDs Manga are releasing out of this batch.

Joshawott said:
What's up with all these DVD-only releases? Seems like the FMA movies are the only BDs Manga are releasing out of this batch.
It's Manga?

I'd rather have DVD only announcements and get DVDs, than the hope of a BD announcement only to end up with a cancellation.

And regarding this Madoka BD importing thing, is it still possible to import the standard edition BDs?

Thing is, I bet MangaUK's release will just be a bear bones deal. When AniplexUSA, Madman Ent and even the series' Italian distributor are having really cool Limited Edition versions (and the show on damn blu-ray), MangaUK have really shot themselves in the foot.

I never expected them to release a limited edition (especially on the scale of the other Madoka ones), but not doing a blu-ray release for Madoka Magica is suicide. I can understand some others, like Squid Girl (as they were hesitant that it would sell in the first place and even Media Blasters had it as DVD only at first), but Madoka?!

It looks as though the Germans have a similar problem, so I expect our release will be like theirs (only without the artbox and possibly done as a full collection from the outset):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2314383/1328274784794.jpg (image is from a Google search)

Everyone's getting treated very differently worldwide with Madoka Magica, and the companies seem to think that restricting trade will suddenly make us ok with that :/

R

We probably won't even get the artbox, as you said.

Well, I don't care if I have to pay a premium for UP1 to give me Madoka; my money will be going to the AniplexUSA releases.

Ahhh Yeah, My Body Is Ready for some of these releases, even though I don't think my wallet will quite enjoy it as much!

Last time I Checked on Beelzebub's Status, Viz had it but for French Speaking Territories only, but it does seem more likely that they (Meaning Kaze) would expand their reach for all of Europe as opposed to MVM picking up the series!

To be fair to Manga the region limited shipping for Madoka could easily have come from a distributor from another country. Something I'd suspect might be more likely as I don't think the UK is a big enough market for anime that they'd lock out everyone outside North America on a UK distrubutor's say so.

While that's true, there aren't that many big anime regions outside region A which use English. And only one region B distributor seems to be doing a worthwhile special edition at all (Italy, in Italian). It could have been Australia, I guess, or possibly both regions complaining together.

Manga have gone on record to moan about importers countless times which doesn't really help them look innocent now ^^;

R

^ Especially as Jerome himself was jokingly asking people if they would import the volume 1 LE for him, on the company's twitter.

And going on about whether it would be cheaper for him to import an iPad from the US rather than buy here, again on the company's Twitter. Yet he also said on the same Twitter that importers of anime are as bad as pirates IIRC. It's one rule for him and another for his customers...

R

I got this tweet from them after I asked if DBZ was the Final announcement as i thought there was going to be one more at the end of the month meaning today, 31st

Manga Entertainment ‏ @MangaUK
@BDT87 Oh! There's more.

So Im not sure if THERE is more or not.

Someone Clarify for me, The FMA Movies are they Blu-Ray/DVD combo packs or is it going to be a collection which features both movies packaged? Everyone seems to point in different directions?

I have a bunch to announce too actually...there should be a press release about the first one circa April 9th too...

Watch this space ;).

Andrew

Back