Manga you wish were liscensed in the UK

Guyver It's weird why viz have not restarted re-releasing it when you look how popular guyver anime is in the USA and UK.

Devilman Artwork is now of course very dated but does not stop Osamu Tezuka work keep on getting released. Still a very powerful piece work today and arguably probably one of if not most influence Manga's apart from some of Osamu Tezuka work. It not even much a risk to release either as it only 5 books.

Dave said:
Guyver It's weird why viz have not restarted re-releasing it when you look how popular guyver anime is in the USA and UK.

Devilman Artwork is now of course very dated but does not stop Osamu Tezuka work keep on getting released. Still a very powerful piece work today and arguably probably one of if not most influence Manga's apart from some of Osamu Tezuka work. It not even much a risk to release either as it only 5 books.

Agreed on Guyver, the manga storyline keeps getting better, although i'm begining to wonder how it could end.

Off topic a bit...but I would love to see the Rurouni Kenshin and Hikaru no Go kanzenban released over here.

most Manga i can import from the US or get off Anime On-Line, but for ones i want translated it would be:
Elfen Lied and Ai Yori Aoshi (all i can think off for the moment...)

I would like to see the rest of 3 * 3 Eyes and Shadow Star Narutaru as well as Gunslinger Girl.

Dark Horse released part of both 3 * 3 Eyes and Shadow Star, but stopped around volume 7.

ADV used to release the Gunslinger Girl manga.

memorium said:
most Manga i can import from the US or get off Anime On-Line, but for ones i want translated it would be:
Ai yori aoshi was released in full. I've got mine from another forum member.
Ditto for Elfen Lied though.

mangaman74 said:
I would like to see the rest of 3 * 3 Eyes and Shadow Star Narutaru as well as Gunslinger Girl.

Ditto for the DH ones. I'd also add Seraphic Feather to the list.
Was gunslinger girl manga rescued?

Seto no Hanayome is another i want published in english, maybe if the anime is successful in the US it might get translated

the thing i hate is that most Manga ad Anime comes out waay later over in the UK (the Ah! My Goddess! anime only came out last year in the UK, Japan by then had it for 3 years!)

memorium said:
the thing i hate is that most Manga ad Anime comes out waay later over in the UK (the Ah! My Goddess! anime only came out last year in the UK, Japan by then had it for 3 years!)
Nothing we can do until we grow our market to make them consider releasing faster.

On the other hand, simulcast would be great...

chaos said:
memorium said:
Ai yori aoshi was released in full. I've got mine from another forum member.
Ditto for Elfen Lied though.

mangaman74 said:

Ditto for the DH ones. I'd also add Seraphic Feather to the list.
Was gunslinger girl manga rescued?

Sorry not heard anything new about the Gunslinger Girl manga. ANN lists 6 volumes which is what ADV released.

Switching titles, have you heard anything new about Translucent volumes 4 and 5? Dark Horse lists a change in translators for the delay and lists them as being released in July and November 2009. Amazon.co.uk lists volume 4 as 15th August 2010.

I would love to see "Ludwig Kakumei" receive a UK release, once again this is one of those manga's that travelled all the way to France but stopped short of our shores.

Wouldn't mind "The One" should a publisher fancy a running manhua.

I was actually recommending that to someone here the other day, and then I found out the fate of the English release. 'tis indeed a good series.

I honestly don't know.

I mean to order the first volume of BTOOOM!, his current series, but I forgot again this month.

And yeah, Batsugun, Esprade, Death Smiles etc, all excellent work.

Back