Votes: 0 0.0%
  • xxxholic

• Other

• Total voters

Aion

Time-Traveller
Basically, this is a reverse of my other Manga thread. Polls are fun, so why not?

My list may miss some out. I've added an 'Other' option this time around; something I probably should've done when I posted the other topic.

I've seen at least a few episodes of everything listed... apart from Ouran and Strait Jacket. I got some level of enjoyment out of everything aside from BBB and Negima!?. I haven't watched enough of Negima!? to judge it and I rated BB 5.5/10. It's an easy choice for me to make.

Strait Jacket is meant to be pretty bad, though. That's why I don't own it.

Edit: I can't get the tenth option - 'Other' - to be added to the poll. Someone fix the glitch for me.

Edit 2: If you vote 'Other', please post, mentioning which title you consider the worst. Instead of the big name titles, I really should've listed Blue Dragon and Shigurui, but I forgot about both.

In order of how ****** they are:

Black Blood Brothers
Death Note
Strait Jacket
Jyu-Oh-Sei
Claymore
Ouran

From what I've seen.

EDIT: Added Strait Jacket

Just realized I missed out Shigurui. With the final option not being added (Other), this poll is now a failure.

Someone edit it, repost it, delete it... or something.

Fixed your "Other". Can't add Shigurui as there would be too many options for the poll, hopefully people will remember it and post.

I voted for Negima as of the ones I've had exposure to that's the one which makes me twitch. Some of the ones previously mentioned (BBB/SJ) are probably actually worse by my standards but I've been fortunate enough to avoid them.

R

black blood brothers

my hate knows no bounds, i would run jiro over if he was an NPC on a grand theft auto game, if he was a zoombini he wouldn't make it past the bridge level etc.

Reviewer's prerogative, check discs...

I'll vote for other... Guyver: Bioboosted Armor.

Seen half of it now, and it's an object lesson in why ADV went kaput. I suppose Manga can capitalise on the Guyver name, and the old videos they used to release, but I hope they got the licence free with something else.

Haven't seen Blue Dragon, don't want to.

List by best

Death note 9/10
Negima 9/10
ouran 8/10
xxx holic 7/10
Claymore 6/10

See the others at some point though ghost hunt and Jyu look terrible

CitizenGeek said:
Haven't seen Negima!? but it's Ken Akamatsu so I'm 100% certain it's awful fan-service ******** with the same joke over and over again.

how dare you....

it has shaft as well which turns it into comedy gold
has pedo bear jokes and everything

Did you just vote for something you haven't seen?

Black Blood Brothers - a show that had a glimmer of potential in the first four episodes and wound up as one of the most unremarkable series I've ever seen. The cheap price tag is on it for a reason.

CitizenGeek said:
Haven't seen Negima!? but it's Ken Akamatsu so I'm 100% certain it's awful fan-service ******** with the same joke over and over again.

The anime versions for negima are generally different to that of the manga a fair bit, and yeah seem rather crap, so i think i'll vote for that myself as well. i generally have never gone near the anime for the pure fact that it looks crap.

Claymore was enjoyable, so i wouldn't really rate that low, however because i couldn't get into Death Note at all, i think i'd rate that low as well, but thats as said, purely because i couldn't get into it.

Arbalest said:
CitizenGeek said:

The anime versions for negima are generally different to that of the manga a fair bit, and yeah seem rather crap, so i think i'll vote for that myself as well. i generally have never gone near the anime for the pure fact that it looks crap.

Claymore was enjoyable, so i wouldn't really rate that low, however because i couldn't get into Death Note at all, i think i'd rate that low as well, but thats as said, purely because i couldn't get into it.

People really do need to stop voting for things they have not seen
- two of those negima!? votes

rating something low because you couldn't get into it is stupid

and claymore has a horrible cliche and poorly achieved storyline
looks nice though and has fighting so I guess that's all that matters

unellmay said:
Arbalest said:
CitizenGeek said:

Yes i've not seen it, i won't deny that, however i read the manga itself, and i know for a fact a lot of iterations of the anime do not follow the manga, bar a couple of the OVA's from what i know. And thats what puts me off it.

Arbalest said:
unellmay said:
Arbalest said:
CitizenGeek said:

Yes i've not seen it, i won't deny that, however i read the manga itself, and i know for a fact a lot of iterations of the anime do not follow the manga, bar a couple of the OVA's from what i know. And thats what puts me off it.

??????? originality puts you off

It's basically has less fan-service and is funnier
again I mention pedobear making a cameo

sanji no 1 said:
Not its not! Hellsing is Gangsta!

Hellsing as the 13 episode series was terrible. It started off well but fell down after that. Hellsing Ultimate however is, by comparison, far far far better, so if you haven't started watching that, then i suggest you pick it up when you can. That or you could just read the manga, as it follows it more or less 100%

as for negima, its not original. It takes a lot of older ideas and sticks to the general harem(albeit in a much larger scale, you could say) and adds magic and fights. The basic idea is the same as several things you could find nowadays.

Back