Manga UK Reveals Pokémon: Indigo League, Anime Film Blu-rays

J

Josh A. Stevens

After years of desperate pleading from fans, Manga Entertainment have today confirmed plans to release Pokémon: Indigo League on DVD and Blu-ray in the United Kingdom, marking the first time the series has been available on home video since Warner Bros. incomplete VHS release in ye olde days. The entire season will be compiled into a single box set release, available on both DVD and Blu-ray from 30th October 2017.

Pokemon-Indigo-League-Manga.jpg

In addition, a trio of acclaimed anime films will be returning with brand new Blu-ray releases from Manga Entertainment: Shinichiro Watanabe’s Cowboy Bebop: The Movie and Katsuhiro Otomo’s Steamboy will be available in HD for the first time, releasing on 9th October and 16th October respectively. They will then be followed a week later, on 23rd October with a return of Satoshi Kon’s Paprika.

Click to view slideshow.

Continue reading...

Guess we won't be getting that Cowboy Bebop UE from AL anytime soon then...

Kind of disappointed Manga have Paprika as well. The Sony Pictures release is still pretty easily available for like a fiver, and you know Manga aren't gonna do much more than shove it in a bog-standard Amaray, whereas someone like AL would give it the nice release that Kon's films absolutely deserve.

How today played out in my head.

Manga: "Hey anime limited, I see you're making a lot of dosh with that Your Name thingy... We've already released Akira & GitS about 14 times each so wouldn't it be a shame if someone came alone I snapped up some of those classic films you don't have but deserve a nice collector's edition and released bare bones editions ;) "

Anime limited: "congratulations *grits teeth*"

Manga: "guess what? We're gonna slap an O card on these bad boys, call it a collector's edition and charge these suckers £20 extra :D "

Anime limited: "ffs"

There's another company? o_O I always thought madman had a monopoly over there.

Umbrella aren't strictly an anime company, they just have some licences, a bit like StudioCanal over here. However, if you're talking strictly anime companies, there's also Hanabee in Australia, they have the licence for stuff like Monogatari, MonMus and DanMachi.

Back