Manga UK Professor Layton To Get £50 Deluxe DVD Edition?

Neferpitou

Stand User
15784466x.jpg

Manga UK Professor Layton DVD to get £50 Special Edition?

Manga UK release of Professor Layton And The Eternal Diva maybe be getting a Deluxe DVD Collector's Edition containing 3 Disc and a RRP of £49.99.

Source Play.com

stuart-says-yes said:
if it costs £50 it must be good, My guess is it is bundled with the 3rd game in the series , "the last time travel"
Doubt it, but there's 4 versions..

Regular DVD: £10.99
Regular Blu-ray: £14.99
Collector's Edition Combi Pack: £17.99
Deluxe Collector's Edition: £37.99

Hopefully, the masses of casual DS gamers will pick this up, and Manga get enough money for One Piece.

It's a win-win-win situation.

I just checked Manga's twitter feed where someone asked about the deluxe collectors edition.

http://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/18347724656

Seems it's the combi pack plus something else... Considering there is a £20 difference between the DVD/Blu-Ray combi and deluxe edition on Play; i do wonder what the extras could be. Soundtracks? Artbook?

Paradox295 said:
Hopefully, the masses of casual DS gamers will pick this up, and Manga get enough money for One Piece.
Talk about one track-minded people =)
Manga has money for One Piece, but Manga doens't think it can make money out of One Piece.

chaos said:
Paradox295 said:
Manga has money for One Piece, but Manga doens't think it can make money out of One Piece.
Really? Where did they say this?

Paradox295 said:
chaos said:
Paradox295 said:
Really? Where did they say this?
In every convention and expo they are asked the same thing about OP and DBZ and the answer is always the same. The cost to license is always higher than the expected sales projections, therefore doesn't seems to be worth releasing it.

Also, I'm thinking on Sailor moon here - it was a highly demanded title, but in the end, people simply didn't put money where their mouths were and it became a nightmare for MVM, which actually makes them give up on long series from the start.

I think the Blu-Ray Combi Pack and Deluxe Collector's Edition are practically the same, as Amazon has the Combi pack listed at a similar £49.99 price. Maybe Play.com just got the price wrong? (in which case I preordered at the right time). I'm asking Manga for details there.

And that was me who first asked about the Collector's Edition on Twitter ^__^

Litespeed said:
I think the Blu-Ray Combi Pack and Deluxe Collector's Edition are practically the same, as Amazon has the Combi pack listed at a similar £49.99 price. Maybe Play.com just got the price wrong? (in which case I preordered at the right time). I'm asking Manga for details there.

Ha, small world after all...

It's also possible Amazon got the 2 mixed up; after all, the combi set is also listed under the title 'Collector's Edtion' on Play... Guess we'll have to wait and see what Manga says.

Rog said:
Litespeed said:

It's also possible Amazon got the 2 mixed up; after all, the combi set is also listed under the title 'Collector's Edtion' on Play... Guess we'll have to wait and see what Manga says.

Yeah.. Amazon also has the Collector's Edition as really cheap, and the Blu-Ray combi pack as really expensive. So confused...

Litespeed said:
Rog said:
Litespeed said:

Yeah.. Amazon also has the Collector's Edition as really cheap, and the Blu-Ray combi pack as really expensive. So confused...

It also doesn't help when (as far as i can see from checking) these are the only 2 places online with the set listed not to mention; even though it's a blu ray/dvd set; Play has the collectors edition listed under it's DVD section and not blu ray which could confuse people as well.

As much as i love collectors editions, and id like to support manga by buying it...
Im not the kind of person who'll spend more than £30 on a special edition of an anime i've never seen before :/

I plan to cosplay as layton but cant decide what colour is Laytons hat, jacket and trousers black or brown or dark brown, if so are all of them the same colour?

I always imagined them to be a dark brown jacket and trousers with a lighter brown shirt underneath.

Black would look to funeral like.

The contents of the Deluxe Collectors edition have been confirmed as well as the packaging art for it as well

laytonmovie72110.jpg

The box set includes:
- BluRay version of the movie
- DVD version of the movie
- DVD of special features
- 600 page storyboard book
RRP £49.99
Amazon Link

The artwork for the regular Collectors Edition is also out and is similiar to it's larger counterpart
Amazon Link

Rog said:
The contents of the Deluxe Collectors edition have been confirmed as well as the packaging art for it as well

laytonmovie72110.jpg

The box set includes:
- BluRay version of the movie
- DVD version of the movie
- DVD of special features
- 600 page storyboard book
RRP £49.99
Amazon Link

The artwork for the regular Collectors Edition is also out and is similiar to it's larger counterpart
Amazon Link

Wow that looks really pretty!

Too bad I don't know this show...

hmmm, an extra £20 for the storyboard book. not to sure about that, though I do remember manga saying they were planning "extras" in the plural from, so hpefully they announce another pack in item or 2.

Back