Manga UK agreed a couple of new movie acquisitions for 2010

Neferpitou

Stand User
A news story which has slipped under the radar but better late than never. On Manga uk Twitter page they have announced the following:

"Manga just agreed a couple of new movie acquisitions for 2010. Guess what they are. I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you."

http://twitter.com/mangauk

My guess are Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone for one of them the other not to sure about maybe 8th one piece movie as tester for the series to be released over here.

If they have the blu-ray rights for Eva 1.0 (or 1.12b or whatever they're calling it this week) I will be pleased.

Other guesses... hmm... does anyone have The Sky Crawlers for release in the UK yet?

Manga already announced that they had Sky Crawlers, unless they're announcing it again.

It's too soon for them to be announcing the Eden of the East films isn't it? :p

If it is Eva they're alluding to, then I hope they can bring it out before R1 importation has undercut a sizable portion of their market. People are likely to want to get their paws on it post-haste.

EVA 1-0 has to be one and I'll say Blade of Phantom is the other. I wish they would also add the AMG second season to that list. That would really make my day.

I would say that the first EVA movie is the safe bet, as for the other...I know what i would really like to see but since Kara no Kyoukai hasn't even gotten licensed in America :p

Just Passing Through said:
It's too soon for them to be announcing the Eden of the East films isn't it? :p

We can pray! *clasps hands together and prays to the liscencing gods so hard he bursts a blood vessel*

My guess is Eva 1.0 and maybe 5cm Per Second(because it's about time >_<).

Eva makes perfect sense so I'm going with that call too. For the other, there have been some better suggestions already but just to be different maybe it's the xxxHolic/Tsubasa film release. It's a good time to start mentioning it with both series fresh in our minds over here.

I already bought and watched the R1 so my faith in my own guess is clearly not very strong.

Unless it's Eva 1.01 and 1.11 ;D

R

Sky Crawlers has done very well in Amazon reviews, I noticed. People are finally starting to see through the director.

/joy

If it's Eva, no point getting it. Like Star Wars, Eva gets re-released over and over to cheat people out of money. Afaik, there's three versions of the first movie alone: the theater release, the DVD release and the extended cut.

I'm not sure if you're slow or try to annoy me on purpose, but buying the first version of a film for a lot when it's destined to get re-released and eventually get released in a a movie collection set is the act of an idiot.

Aion sarcastically said:
Sky Crawlers has done very well in Amazon reviews, I noticed. People are finally starting to see through the director.

/joy

If it's Eva, no point getting it. Like Star Wars, Eva gets re-released over and over to cheat people out of money. Afaik, there's three versions of the first movie alone: the theater release, the DVD release and the extended cut.
Pfft. Notice how a major complaint in two of those one star reviews is "I don't like how they changed the character designs from Ghost In The Shell" [WTF smiley goes here] one of them has about 20 words and one begins "crap crap crap". Yeah, those are the guys to listen to. :roll:

Oshii's a divisive figure all right, but I get the feeling the people rating it down on Amazon aren't exactly being rational or mature in their assessments. The high-star reviews are long and generally well written while the low-star ones seem to be rewordings of "This film is boring because I don't understand it."

WRT the Eva movies, I don't think there's any guarantee that they will be boxed up at all, and even if a set does eventually appear, at the speed they're being released it won't be 'til about 2015. I'll be happy with UK blu-ray releases as Funi have it for the US, and they seem to be gleefully twirling the keys to the ol' region lock ATM.

BlackWolf said:
chaos said:
I bet it's some live action movie.

What are you implying? I hope its not that Manga will handle the release of the live action Blood movie
Actually, they already announce Blood live action. What I mean is that Manga seems to be slowly getting into live action movies. I believe they will pick up Eva, but I think that twitter post is about something else.

chaos said:
BlackWolf said:
chaos said:
I bet it's some live action movie.

What are you implying? I hope its not that Manga will handle the release of the live action Blood movie
Actually, they already announce Blood live action. What I mean is that Manga seems to be slowly getting into live action movies. I believe they will pick up Eva, but I think that twitter post is about something else.

I thought it was Pathe releasing Blood live action.

I hope one is the tsubasa/xxxholic movie set. I am watching xxxholic now and it is quite enjoyable.

Back