Manga UK £2 VHS sale

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Manga Ent. UK have let us know about a VHS sale on their official site; many fan favourite titles (including the likes of Macross Plus, End of Evangelion and Bubblegum Crash) are being sold off for just £1.99. Also worth noting is that if anyone orders a DVD from their official site, you are automatically entered into a competition giving you a chance of winning many an anime related freebie. [Manga UK]

BabyDaddy said:
Why are they selling them off for £2. Are they stopping production. EoE for £2. <3

Right now I love manga entertainment.

Not exactly great news for me, i was hoping to offload my EOE VHS onto ebay for a higher price than that, and eventually replace it with a dvd version. Pretty much worthless now, the postage probably costs more than the actua tape.

the only 2 vids that arnt already out on dvd in the uk are gall force new era 1+2, are they any good and worth buying at that price. i just like to mention that coming from the mid 90s video days i like alot of the older style stuff.

also neptune2venus i have also been looking for blue sonnet and vampire princess ovas as they are the last of the manga video i dont have on dvd/video or im not interested in.

Animated FatCat said:
*off-topic*

Ardish, your avatar looks curiously interesting. What is it?

its an anime style drawing of linkin park from what ive read they are anime fans (they had there braking the habit video done in the kill bill anime style made by production IG and there are gundam models in another video).

i always thought it was a good image and i like linkin park but not like most people do as i got into them though my interest in rap rather than rock music, my fav albums now is the fort minor album which has the rapper from linkin park making an underground style rap album which is more my style as i like underground rap more than gansta rap.

sorry for the long story but people always assume thing when you mention what type of music your into , it seems like you have to only like one style of music which just isnt right.

i had to pay full price for my vampire princess ova videos about 2 years ago but as i dont really use my vhs i would really like to have them on dvd (only the manga ones tho).

Thats pretty cheap. I feel like i want to buy one just because i don't own any anime on VHS, well unless you include The Digimon and Pokemon movies, but i don't think i actually want any of those titles

Cheers Ardish. I liked Linkin Park when they first came out (during my Nu-Metal music phase in my mid-teens). I'm into all style sof music though, but mostly settle for indie nowadays.

try the fort minor album and free mixtape as its a great underground style hip hop album which still uses alot of rock riffs (especially the mixtape) and as i said for me its more interesting than linkin park.

heres a link to the mixtape ( it was released free by mike shinoda so it shouldnt break any rules on this forum)

http://www.fortminor.co.uk/mixtape/download.php

hope you try it out.

Can't say I am very interested in VHS but the fact that they are goin for £2 isn't bad at all. I think I saw a anime video in HMV once, it was Urotsukidoji I think

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I don't have anything that can play VHS anymore.
It really annoys me that they are phasing out everything VHS, i mean i prefer dvds, but i have a tonne of videos and things taped off the tv that i just won't be able to play without a video recorder

Charter_Mage said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
I don't have anything that can play VHS anymore.
It really annoys me that they are phasing out everything VHS, i mean i prefer dvds, but i have a tonne of videos and things taped off the tv that i just won't be able to play without a video recorder
I know what you mean, I have about 30 or so Friends videos that I can't watch. I accidentally broke my VHS player when I was hooking up the DVD. Maybe it was plotting it... You know, like when the young nephew kills the rich uncle to get the inheritance. WHERE'S COLUMBO WHEN YOU NEED HIM?!

...which reminds me, I gotta rebuy Columbo on DVD too. D:

If you're really strapped for a VHS player you can always invest in a DVD/VHS combi if you have the monies available (saw one for about £70 in Dixons the other day).

Anyway, nothing in that sale I want, and I don't really have room for more tapes...that being said, I'm still keeping my eye out for Suikoden Demon Century on VHS.

I have a VHS player (not too old either) that is just sitting in a cupboard somewhere. I can't believe they're phasing out selling the players! I know DVDs are better quality picture and sound, don't get chewed up in the player etc, but it's so much cheaper and easier to record VHS than DVD!

I didn't really see anything on the list that caught my interest though.

Back