Manga Entertainment Reveals Their Autumn & Q4 Release Slates for 2018

Nice to see both Digimon Tamers and Frontier, especially given it wasn't that long ago they said they didn't have Tamers (which might backfire on them as people probably imported afterwards.)

I'm happy to see more Pokémon up-coming too, even if it is a collection of some of the worst entries. Again.

Nice to see both Digimon Tamers and Frontier, especially given it wasn't that long ago they said they didn't have Tamers (which might backfire on them as people probably imported afterwards.)

I'm happy to see more Pokémon up-coming too, even if it is a collection of some of the worst entries. Again.

This is exactly what happened to me. I tweeted Jerome earlier in the year asking of a release for Tamers was planned, and he said no, so I went ahead and picked up the Australian one. Too bad really!

Really happy that Tokyo Godfathers is finally getting a UK Bluray release, almost bought the Australian Bluray a few weeks ago so glad I held off. Now I just want someone (AL pls) to release Millennium Actress (AKA my favourite movie of all time) on Blu-ray, which I guess looks slightly more hopeful now that there is a 4K restoration happening.

Is there some kind of upgrade for Steamboy and the bebop movie, compared to the ones they have recently put out?

Superb news that Tokyo Godfathers is finally getting a Blu-Ray release here. I'm guessing that the chances Ghost in the Shell: Innocence uses the same master as the recent Japanese 4K Blu-Ray are slim to zero?

I'll be quite curious at how Tamers BBFCs. Adventures 1 and 2 got by on a PG, but Tamers is quite a bit darker. Can't forget this mentally scarring bit either

Why they hired the guy who made Serial Experiments Lain and Texhnolyze to do Digimon, I have no idea...

I never did like the original Ghost in the Shell film, and Innocence just sounds like they doubled down on the pretentious crap from the original, so I gave it a miss. I may watch it one day, but I think it would just test my patience.

Ah, I wasn’t aware of that. How is the 1995 film?
It's an upgrade over the older BD. Better colors, better resolved detail. DNR has been used, though there is still some film grain present.

Caps-a-holic has screenshot comparisons for both movies.

I never did like the original Ghost in the Shell film, and Innocence just sounds like they doubled down on the pretentious crap from the original, so I gave it a miss. I may watch it one day, but I think it would just test my patience.

yeah, you probably wouldn't like it at all, then. One of my favorite anime - the movies, that is. Pretentious anime is friggin' awesome. :cool:

Innocence is a terrible film and by far the worst part of the GITS franchise. Its far to pretentious and is full of philosophical crap. I'm watching Stand Alone Complex and its been excellent so far, id say its superior to the original film and Section 9 are far more believable as a unit

Back