Manga Ent. UK strike deal with Funimation for 5 anime series

Mohawk52 said:
What ever this means one thing is for sure. Just more delays and uncertainty with anime in the UK. My only gripe with Manga is they won't translate the opening and ending songs , nor any script, or signs.

The Bleach and Death Note DVDs had subbed openings and endings but still no sign subs

so they wont release DBZ here?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Well i still have faith.
anyway ill just get the funimation boxsets then.

For some reason I never started collecting the xxxHOLiC R1s, so this gives me an excuse to wait even longer. It's also great we won't have to wait at all long after the sixth volume's R1 release, and with it assumingly being released in sets, it'll be released in no time and will probably be a lot cheaper. Win win.

Mohawk52 said:
What ever this means one thing is for sure. Just more delays and uncertainty with anime in the UK. My only gripe with Manga is they won't translate the opening and ending songs , nor any script, or signs.
That really depends upon what subtitle scripts they receive. The R1s of Bleach also lack signs subs and that script is probably what Manga were given to work with. The opening and ending songs are translated but this is only shown if you watch with subtitles on. Given that this appears to be a distribution deal with FUNimation then the existing precedents do not automatically apply so we will have to wait and see what becomes of these releases before pre-judging them based upon current trends.

I hope that they are just acting as distributors for Funimation, and the only difference will be a Manga logo at the beginning of the disc and on the artwork. It would be a waste of time and money to give the discs a whole new authoring.

I likes my translated subtitles and separate signs track. They did a separate signs track on Death Note, so hopefully they'll keep up the standard.

xxxHolic: Season 1 Part 1 - 2008-10-27

Black Blood Brothers: Season 1 Part 1 - 2008-11-10

Always My Santa - 2008-12-01

Baldr Force EXE - 2008-12-01

Ghost hunt: Season 1 Part 1 - 2008-12-29

Jyu-Oh-Sei: Season 1 Part 1 - 2008-12-29

I'm posting Baldr Force here, as I though it would be appropriate. I've got really interested into Ghost Hunt and Always my Santa. The first is a Fuiymi Onno creation - same writer as the twelve kingdoms the second is a Ken Akamatsu's work... That and xxxHolic will be a definite buy! At least for me :)

Back