Manga Ent. to release Bleach on UK DVD; starting late 2007

I would be more excited about this if Manga hadn't started their dubtitle run recently. Since Naruto, which is more popular, is dubtitled then there is no hope for this. I think the only thing released recently with proper subtitles was GitS: SAC 2nd Gig and I think that SSS also has proper subs. Anything other than GitS has no chance at this moment.

Gawyn said:
I would be more excited about this if Manga hadn't started their dubtitle run recently. Since Naruto, which is more popular, is dubtitled then there is no hope for this. I think the only thing released recently with proper subtitles was GitS: SAC 2nd Gig and I think that SSS also has proper subs. Anything other than GitS has no chance at this moment.

after speaking to jerome from Manga yesterday, i'm pretty sure he said they're going to try and subtitle for the japanese soundtrack as well.

so you never, there is still hope.
just wait and see.

The damage of dubtitles has been done. I don't know how long Naruto has been going with dubtitles, I didn't know they were doing it with other series as well! If Manga do get to use subtitles again, it's going to cost them a lot of money to make it right and somehow let people swap their DVD's for ones with a subtitle track..

I wonder if Viz sold Manga the television rights; what does this mean for Viz Europe now? Especially with their two new major staff.. Two of their main titles have now been sold..

it was inevitable that Manga Ent. would license this for the UK.
so is this going to be released like the naruto uk boxsets which as like 12/13 eps in each volume? if so then that is good.

i would only consider getting this if they have proper subtitles and no dubtitles.

still good news

DaNiMe said:
The damage of dubtitles has been done. I don't know how long Naruto has been going with dubtitles, I didn't know they were doing it with other series as well! If Manga do get to use subtitles again, it's going to cost them a lot of money to make it right and somehow let people swap their DVD's for ones with a subtitle track..

I wonder if Viz sold Manga the television rights; what does this mean for Viz Europe now? Especially with their two new major staff.. Two of their main titles have now been sold..
Yes, they started dubtitling with every other series except GitS this year. Tactics vol 2 is apparently dubtitled even though vol 1 wasn't; Naruto series 2 part 1 was dubtitled whereas series 1 was not; Otogi Zoshi vols 4 onwards were dubtitled; all of Tokko is dubtitled that I can tell, which is doubly bad given the liberal way the dub was translated... The list goes on and it is a shame given how much Manga progressed the previous couple of years :(. Still I will buy it. If nothing else the Bleach dub isn't too bad (I have the first 4 volumes of the US release).

it was enivitable Bleach is a fantastic show & With Word of the Bleach game coming here next year you had to expect the first season to be out just before the game

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Gawyn said:
Otogi Zoshi vols 4 onwards were dubtitled
Well that's that boxset of my list...

I just hope they don't dubtitle Karas, i've waited too long for crap like that.

ohh crap!! i totally forgot about the risk of the rest of Karas being dubtitled...Karas is too awsome to be dubtitled!

I think Karas is one of those titles that, even Manga ent. know, if they screw up on it after the extremely long wait for the release, it could affect future dvd sales of other series.

I think manga have learned that after the dubtitle issue with the Naruto 2.1 dvd set, they know to be a bit more cautious on their releases.
you never know, they might start including both set of subs. (dubtitles and subtitles).

Gawyn said:
DaNiMe said:

Yes, they started dubtitling with every other series except GitS this year. Tactics vol 2 is apparently dubtitled even though vol 1 wasn't; Naruto series 2 part 1 was dubtitled whereas series 1 was not; Otogi Zoshi vols 4 onwards were dubtitled; all of Tokko is dubtitled that I can tell, which is doubly bad given the liberal way the dub was translated... The list goes on and it is a shame given how much Manga progressed the previous couple of years :(. Still I will buy it. If nothing else the Bleach dub isn't too bad (I have the first 4 volumes of the US release).

That is a great shame to hear. Manga's Bleach would have been very good, with the 12/13 episodes a release; I don't know what Viz are going to do with their release of Bleach. They're doing a pretty stupid thing releasing it 4 episodes a volume (with a very pricey boxset), when the series will be longer than Inu Yasha (I think..). Inu Yasha took them what, 3/4 years to release... Then again, this is Viz we're talking about, stupidity just seems to surround them in all ways. :roll:

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Gawyn said:
Well that's that boxset off my list...

The dub makes up for it, it's very good with some established live action actors doing some voices.

Animated FatCat said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
Gawyn said:
Well that's that boxset off my list...

The dub makes up for it, it's very good with some established live action actors doing some voices.
Still, I enjoyed listening to it in the original language as well.

I wouldn't be to troubled by subing the dub as i've already read the manga and watched most of the anime in a decent sub.

Glad that it's coming out in demi season boxes and not 4 ep discs or i would have to get a new set of shelves.

This is fantastic. It is great that bleach is coming out on dvd the mangas were awesome so now I will finally get a chance to watch the anime.

Awesome news!
The guy at Manga.ent (great guy btw) was mentioning it just before he announced it to some people. i had a brain spasm, such awesome news!
Despite Naruto's poor subtitling, i back Manga.ent all the way! they rock so much!

At the very least they could have waited till the filler episodes started coming out on dvd before they started dubtitling to save money. Its not like those episodes are popular with the hardcore fans to begin with.

I loved series 1 but I'm going to hold off on getting Naruto series 2. I know these boards are here to encourage the UK market but hitting out against these decisions with our wallets is the only thing that will register with Manga.

At the very least they might think twice about repeating it with Bleach.

Why can no company in the uk seem to do anything without ******* up fantasticly in some form or mannor?

And if Manga/Stars Ent. are so adament in dubtitles, they can give it to us for half the price as there is no meens for the BBFC to slap on thier 2nd laguage fee if it's illegable.

Back