Manga Ent. to release Bleach on UK DVD; starting late 2007

Conan-san said:
Why can no company in the uk seem to do anything without ******* up fantasticly in some form or mannor?

And if Manga/Stars Ent. are so adament in dubtitles, they can give it to us for half the price as there is no meens for the BBFC to slap on thier 2nd laguage fee if it's illegable.

There is a fee for holding a second language O_O

Chrono Demon said:
Conan-san said:
Why can no company in the uk seem to do anything without ******* up fantasticly in some form or mannor?

And if Manga/Stars Ent. are so adament in dubtitles, they can give it to us for half the price as there is no meens for the BBFC to slap on thier 2nd laguage fee if it's illegable.

There is a fee for holding a second language O_O

Yeah, Anime companies have to send their DVD though the BBFC twice, therefore pay double. This leads onto why current DVD prices are quite expensive compared to your average DVD.

Conan-san said:
Not to mention nearly double when compaired to thier american alikes.

Well, America doesn't have NHS, doesn't it. Where do you think all the extra prices come from...

Want cheaper stuff, get rid of NHS. And even then, it won't go down cheaper, because there are single parents get money off the Social Security. There are many stuff we have to pay extra because of those services that America doesn't have, therefore cheaper stuff for them.

Chrono Demon said:
Conan-san said:

Well, America doesn't have NHS, doesn't it. Where do you think all the extra prices come from...

Want cheaper stuff, get rid of NHS. And even then, it won't go down cheaper, because there are single parents get money off the Social Security. There are many stuff we have to pay extra because of those services that America doesn't have, therefore cheaper stuff for them.
I actually don't think that anime, comparitive to income in the US and UK, is actually that much more expensive here than it is there. A lot of the apparent price differences come from the strong pound against a weak dollar. The US economy is very much an export one at the moment, meaning that buying stuff from the US is much cheaper than buying it in the US. Some amount of tax comes into that but that isn't necessarily what inflates our prices so much.

Chrono Demon said:
Conan-san said:

I was under the impression it was all the bbfc's doing. They cut out thier silly buggers with the language fee multiplyer and we'd have our £10 volumes.

I'm saying this stright: We will not have a decent anime scene here untill DVD volumes are ether £10 or sweet shy of it and/or Television exces grow a pair of balls already and air something like GITS:SAC or Cowboy Bebop (and not make a total ass of themsevlves in the process, so that excludes you, turner, the most ball-less of the ball-less wonders).

Also, the NHS doesn't do **** with the people who need it, but that's another point that does not have to do with the silly japanese cartoons.

Won't be bothering with this if it has dubtitles. And, going on how bad the Naruto subtitles were before the dubtitles, I'd still need to see others opinions before buying if Manga do subtitle it.

After watching all of Naruto and Bleach (non-filler) with the excellent JP voices, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the dub anywhere near as much.

I'm really hyped for this series! Can't wait for the dub - I really, really prefer watching series in English, and I hope the Bleach dub is up to scratch!

CitizenGeek said:
Play.com's listing for Bleach is up! Check it out here.

Cool cover, 13 episodes and for a fairly reasonable price. Can't wait!

*pre-orders*

Wow thats not a bad price at all. Most single anime DVDs with 3 - 5 episodes on them cost £20 in shops. Although if they're going to dubtitle it anymore and it would be a rip off.

Sy said:
Lupus Inu said:
CitizenGeek said:
I hope the Bleach dub is up to scratch!
Yes, it is actually, a lot of the voices are better than the Japanese cast.
Yeah it's true actually. Johnny Yong Bosch for the win as they say.

Yeah, even I think Johnny Yong Boch capture Ichigo really well. And Bleach is a anime I can enjoy with my brother (who is a Bleach fan nut as well)

Chrono Demon said:
Sy said:
Lupus Inu said:
CitizenGeek said:
I hope the Bleach dub is up to scratch!
Yes, it is actually, a lot of the voices are better than the Japanese cast.
Yeah it's true actually. Johnny Yong Bosch for the win as they say.

Yeah, even I think Johnny Yong Boch capture Ichigo really well. And Bleach is a anime I can enjoy with my brother (who is a Bleach fan nut as well)

And awesome cover art as well. YAY. I wasn't going to get it. But now I'm tempted. srsly.

Getting 13 episodes of Naruto and Bleach for £15 (much lower if you wait) a go would've had me orgasmic before. But, not amazingly, you're getting cheap quality for cheap from Manga.

Still annoyed about the mistake where Kakashi (Naruto) talked about Naruto's father. They need to hire fansubbers to do the translations, they'd do a better job....or at least I would've said that before they started simply dubtitling.

Back