Manga cancels Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple for 2011

fabricatedlunatic last week said:
Manga sure have a lot of releases lined up between now and the end of the year. Delays inevitable...
As long as they don't delay HSotD, Redline, or Disappearance (again) I won't be going postal.

That's disappointing. I was looking forward to finally picking the series up, guess i'll have to wait a bit longer still. I guess i still have the manga to read and keep me going until it gets here, though i'd still love to see that released here as well, though that seems less likely in itself.

Not surprised given that Disappearance got delayed to later in the year. Like with Funi & Bandai in the US, at soon as some shows get delayed it will cause delays to stuff later in the release schedule.

While disappointed, it's somewhat good for me anyway. This explains why HMV never had a release date for the show then on their site.

>Pay loads of money for a show
>Don't release it

wuRM7.jpg

fabricatedlunatic said:
Manga sure have a lot of releases lined up between now and the end of the year. Delays inevitable...
As long as they don't delay HSotD, Redline, or Disappearance (again) I won't be going postal.

I will release the motherfu**ing Kraken if they delay Redline. Idle my threat is not. :evil:

VivisQueen said:
fabricatedlunatic said:

I will release the motherfu**ing Kraken if they delay Redline. Idle my threat is not. :evil:

I up your game and release my Cthulhu. Bodies will ensue

VivisQueen said:
fabricatedlunatic said:

The Kraken is now land-climatied? Still, dragging itself to Manga UK is still quite a trip for our friend...

I'm hardly surprised by the news anymore. Although Para makes good evaluation of a lot of our thoughts, I bet.

Are you serious bruv!?! Man i was looking soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo forward to this aswell!

I'm not supprised, this is Manga after all.

They don't even deserve to be called Mangle, they deserve their name to be the fog horn to alert everyone to their awful.

Paradox295 said:

>Pay loads of money for a show
>Don't release it

wuRM7.jpg
As a side note, Beez, G Gundam, when?

As much as this personally doesn't bother me, this seems utterly crazy. Surely this is the sort of thing that they make their money on?

jonboy said:
Who said anything about them not releasing it :wink:
Well, they said they took it of their 2011 schedule. So, they might release it in 2012.

But we all know what's gonna happen then...

All the potential customers will import, since they think it's cancelled for good.

By the time they do release it, like 2 people will preorder it, which will obviously lead to them bitching about people not buying it and cancel part 2.

So, then we'll be all like:

2edDC.jpg

And they'll be all like:

EZLQY.gif

And I'll be all like "I freaking TOLD you".

I have never had any interest personally in this show but given that it has all of the ingredients of a success here and also that Funimation have gone on record to say it sold surprisingly well in the US, I'm amazed that this title was the one which slipped this time. I do wonder what goes on behind the scenes sometimes; can't imagine they're happy about this.

R

Paradox295 said:
And they'll be all like:

EZLQY.gif

And I'll be all like "I freaking TOLD you".
Not to put too fine a point on it but
A) You need money to do that and the way they're pissing it down the drain these days suggests it's not possible

B) You can be like "I freaking TOLD you" but what the hell is anyone to do in this situation? Sit with their thumbs up their bum and accept it?

ConanThe3rd said:
B) You can be like "I freaking TOLD you" but what the hell is anyone to do in this situation? Sit with their thumbs up their bum and accept it?

Well I was thinking of bitching and moaning on a forum about it whilst making idle threats. Unless you have a plan, sure stick your thumb up your bum, whatever makes you sleep easy

Back