Manga apologise for DVD fiasco; Bleach DVD proper subtitles

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Earlier this summer, Manga Ent. UK stopped releasing both <b>Noein </b>and <b>Tokko </b>right before their final DVD volumes were due out and, much to the disgust of many loyal customers, decided to release full series box sets instead, essentially short changing all of the UK fans who were patiently collecting these shows one volume at a time. However, today <a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/press/33/manga-apologise-for-missing-noein-and-tokko-final-volumes">we received a press release</a> from Manga Ent. UK explaining that fans still wanting to complete their collections of Noein and Tokko should directly e-mail the company (specific details and addresses in <a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/press/33/manga-apologise-for-missing-noein-and-tokko-final-volumes">press release</a>) with regards to their special "replacement strategy ".

In related Manga Ent. news, we also received a <a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/press/32/the-soul-reapers-have-arrived-bleach">press release (including DVD cover art)</a> from them concerning their 5th November DVD release of the ever popular action series <b>Bleach</b>. We have been assured that (unlike Naruto) "<i>Bleach will be featuring subtitles not dubtitles.</i>"

well at least this shows us, that Manga have sure listened to their loyal customers, and even offers a replacement programme.

i on the other hand is looking forward to the Bleach DVD release...however i am currently tempted by the R1 Bleach season1 DVD boxset...which hits the US in October...hmmmm...what to do???

At least they've admitted their obvious failings. The dub-title issue is a massive one for me, I won't buy their releases if they aren't translated properly. At least with Bleach, they are giving themselves the best opportunity of success.

Oh well, it's a shame they've gone and ruined all the good will they built up over the last few years.

Paul said:
At least they've admitted their obvious failings. The dub-title issue is a massive one for me, I won't buy their releases if they aren't translated properly. At least with Bleach, they are giving themselves the best opportunity of success.

Oh well, it's a shame they've gone and ruined all the good will they built up over the last few years.

couldnt agree more....

just one question....how many eps does the bleach dvd have?, it says

''BLEACH SERIES 1 PART 1 features a standard eight episodes, plus four bonus instalments of the 20-episode first series.''

so does that mean it has 12 episodes...or just 8...beccause the 'plus four bonus installments'' confuses me slightly

:?

Ninja Boy! said:
Paul said:

couldnt agree more....

just one question....how many eps does the bleach dvd have?, it says

''BLEACH SERIES 1 PART 1 features a standard eight episodes, plus four bonus instalments of the 20-episode first series.''

so does that mean it has 12 episodes...or just 8...beccause the 'plus four bonus installments'' confuses me slightly

:?

It has twelve. Manga seem to have decided to release Bleach as 8 episode sets, but this first set will have 12, hence the 4 bonus episodes line.

Woo! I'm glad bleach won't be dubtitled. Its certainly a relief. And a message to Manga "Its good you've admited your problems. Next step is to sort them out and stop producing them" 8).

Conan-san said:
As long as the Naruto Unleashed Series 2 combiner boxset has it's subs sorted...
I really doubt that will happen. It would defeat the cost-cutting exercise that prompted the move in the first instance.

Still, so far as Bleach is concerned I hope they continue the subtitled route and don't abandon it to save money... I personally think that a compromise of 10 episodes a release would suit Bleach better since most of the series/arcs that comprise it consist of 20 episodes each.

This is going to come over as synical, but this just reaks of desperation to me. ( I could be totally wrong, it's just the way it seems to me at the moment. ) I lost all the respect I had for Manga Ent a long time ago, it seems like they just go from cock-up to cock-up to cock-up.

Finishing Noein and Tokko as boxsets rather than individual disks is obviously just cost cutting, it's cheaper to produce a boxset than it is singles.

Making sure that people know Bleach is going to have subtitles and not dubtitles strikes me as them going - 'Oh crap, we fecked up with Naruto and lost a shed load of sales. We can't afford to loose any more money right now, so we better spent a bit more on Bleach to make sure it sells well, or we're fecked, while were at it, we better let everyone know what were doing, so they don't import.'

I'll admit, despite my ( admittedly jaded ) view, I do own a few Manga Ent DVDs and have enjoyed watching most of them, - all the GitS barring Innocence, the full set of Robotech disks, EoE, New Dominion Tank police and the first disk of She, - but I can't think of a single one of them that hasn't got something odd about it. ( Audio out of sync, dodgy subs etc... )

Phew that was a rant, :eek: Sorry about that.

Sy said:
Does the Otogi Zoshi boxset have dubtitles?
The first half is fine with proper subtitles and has lots of proper extras on them, volume 3 even having an extra disc for them. The second half of the series (volumes 4-6) have dubtitles and no extras at all... :(

Doesn't hurt so much with the box being cheap, and the dub's not too bad, but those buying the singles at £15-20 a throw had it a bit harder (at least Manga finished the singles though).

I think I started to lose respect for manga after GitS:SAC 2nd GIG. The subtitles were really inconsistent making it hard to follow.

All the same, I'm glad to hear they acknowledged their faults. Perhaps we'll see some decent releases from now on.

Thats good, I was really worried about the Dubtitles since my online friend bought Naruto, and told me over MSN that the Dubtitles was far worse than the fansub ones.

I know I'll prolly be impatient asking this, but whats your prediction on the other half of the Subsitute arc releasing on DVD in the UK?

Petition for Manga to do subtitles for Naruto and to give replacement discs for who bought it? I sure think so...

And hooray for Bleach, great news on the subs not dubs

Gawyn said:
Conan-san said:
As long as the Naruto Unleashed Series 2 combiner boxset has it's subs sorted...
I really doubt that will happen. It would defeat the cost-cutting exercise that prompted the move in the first instance.
Well, it advances my cost cuting exercise then. The Dub is good but I ain't paying for triped up dub onlu disks.

Turtleheart said:
Thanks for the info on Otogi Zôshi – but what about Noein? I heard speculation that that had dubtitles as well.

Well it kinda does have dubtitles. I only own volume 1 and if I remember correctly, they are.

Back