UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Got mine on order, looking forward to finally rewatchGITS and finishing the series. I don't think the size will be too much of an issue for me.

Last edited:
I ended up canceling mine this morning and still unsure if I'm happy about it or not lol I want the show on BD so much but I really dislike the packaging, I mean it looks nice but it's just far too big. Like surely they have to do standards at some point, it's GitS ffs...

Looking at my collection of bigger sets, several of them already stick out amongst the rest (Escaflowne Gurren Lagann, Giovanni's Island and The sentai Danmachi PE) so at this stage it doesn't bother me much. I'm just looking forward to owning this series on Blu Ray, already sold off the DVD sets.

Did they confirm whether the Blu Ray will be similar to the first packaging-wise? I'm wary of Manga when it comes to consistency after what they pulled with the A Certain Season 2s.
I'm not sure to be honest we are getting new subs and stuff @Lambadelta might know more about it.

I'm already thinking about re-ordering it >_> would cost me an extra £10 now though.

I sold all my Anime Limited UEs (except Patema) and replaced them with CEs so the GitS set would stick out, but I'm wondering if I could get away with just sticking it on top of the bookcase... I hate this lol.

I'm already thinking about re-ordering it >_> would cost me an extra £10 now though.

I sold all my Anime Limited UEs (except Patema) and replaced them with CEs so the GitS set would stick out, but I'm wondering if I could get away with just sticking it on top of the bookcase... I hate this lol.
Correct me if I'm wrong on this but if it's still available after the release date you should be able to use the BIGSPENDERZ code on it to get £10 off.

Manga’s GiTS looks tinny compared to the French Garden of the Sinners release i have :) So yeah looking forward to this one and should have no problem putting it on a shelf somewhere.

Manga’s GiTS looks tinny compared to the French Garden of the Sinners release i have :) So yeah looking forward to this one and should have no problem putting it on a shelf somewhere.
How in the world did you manage to store that Garden of Sinners release? I used to have it too, it was unergonomic as hell.

Have a high ceiling on the first floor where my book cases are. And that huge thing is on top of the book case and fits nicely between it and the ceiling :)

Back