UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Manga tweeted today that there are only a few copies left. Not sure how accurate that is and they gave no specific numbers but it does sound like it's going to sell out soon.

That's impressive, though SAC is quite a popular series so I'm not surprised it's almost sold out. My main concern now is how Zavvi package the set.

Manga tweeted today that there are only a few copies left. Not sure how accurate that is and they gave no specific numbers but it does sound like it's going to sell out soon.
Damn. Was hoping it wouldn't sell too well and price would drop. £100 is too much for me. :-(

A dispatch notification here as well, looking forward to perusing that massive booklet.

Last edited:
Same. Can't wait, will hopefully arrive before next Friday. Zavvi's international shipping speed is awful. It takes over a week from the UK to Ireland, most other retailers take 3 days or less.

Thats about What it takes to go down under

with that Said mines also been Dispachted a few days ago and given that Madman put up there Set just recently i probbly should of Waited for the local Set given it even would of been Cheaper with much the same Content me thinks

Blu-Ray Review: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex – Deluxe Edition

so the Set looks to have problems but not as bad as the US set ?

what other Manga Titles should i Keep an eye out for ?

I'm a tad disappointing that the review didn't go into picture quality really that in-depth, and since he stated the screenshots aren't a representative of the PQ that was a big shame since it would of been good to actually get shots from the discs itself.

Incorrect chapter markers for S1 Discs 1-2, and Episode 15-16 on Disc 3 isn't a surprise. Manga always somehow screws up chapter markers.

Honestly feels like it got a 5/5 for being SAC, and not for being a 5/5 release.

Yeah I'm done with supporting a distributor that can't even be bothered to get the chapter markers right after all these years. I've also replaced all faulty Manga UK sets in my collection with Funimation's releases.
For Ghost in the Shell SAC I'll just keep the Bandai DVDs.

I think we should wait for sets to arrive before people get the pitch forks out. I'm looking forward to watching the show and unless the PQ is a total mess it's very unlikely I will notice any issues mentioned.

I think we should wait for sets to arrive before people get the pitch forks out. I'm looking forward to watching the show and unless the PQ is a total mess it's very unlikely I will notice any issues mentioned.
This is my plan as well. Need to see the PQ with my own eyes before I make any assessments.

You can just check reviews of the FR release for PQ. Its the same masters (outside of adding english audio/sub tracks) so the PQ will be the same.

Back