UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

So I can't help but notice MVM have got A lot of the titles I'd have expected Manga/Animatsu to have (with the sentai connection). And with their recent delaying of titles by up to 6 - 7 months, I ask the simple question: what the hell is going on with them? Have they pissed off another company again???

With regards to the Sentai Filmworks titles, apparently Jerome wanted to have both the streaming and home video rights at the same time but Sentai Filmworks refused (he tweeted about it back in May). This occurred during the season where Amazon's AnimeStrike had Sentai's shows (as Sentai didn't want to be part of Crunchyroll & Funimation's partnership). MVM doesn't have any use for streaming so that's why I think Sentai is leaning on them more.

As for the delays I don't know the exact cause, but I hope Mangatsu can recover and be up-to-speed on their titles because we don't want Lemon & Karen crying again over another KINMOZA delay.

Come Christmas, all the minnow distributors get their releases delayed as the Donald Trumps of the distro world shove their corpulent bulks at the head of the queue to get their mass market boxsets on shelves in time for Kris Kringle load up his sack.

MVM titles, delayed, Manga titles, delayed, Anime Limited... normal operating procedure so you don't actually notice another delay.

Wow, if the reason is that Sentai didn’t want to hand over rights to the company which knowingly squatted on the Sakamoto simulcast then they have my respect (even if I’m sure they were mostly being greedy really). Down with anti-simulcast distributors taking digital rights!

R

We can only hope. Their releases have been pretty hit or miss recently,

Hit: Amagi, Umaru, Dungeon, Food Wars.
Miss: RAILDEX!!!! :(

I think I'm kinda expecting MVM to announce Food Wars Season 2 (which prompted the question in the first place)

I thought the day would never come when these words left my keyboard but after One Punch Man I hope Kazé handle all aspects of the Jojo's release haha.

There's this weird flow chart of anime cross sellers in my head. Like how Tamashii Nations was being handled by a French company, then the rights went to Japan Cool and now apparently to Gundam Mad.

Has Paprika moved forward? or has it been on 20th November for a while via Amazon? I have it set for December 11th.

11th December was a mistake on Twitter - should have been 13th November, but looking at the new promos on social media its slipped another week until 20th November...

Not sure if there is any difference between this and the previous BD release?

I actually saw a copy of Summer Wars for sale on eBay, something wasn't quite right about it though....

s-l1600.jpg

I assume it has a reversible cover and they've just stuck it on the wrong way around, but weird that someone already has a copy if it's been delayed like 2 months.

Back