London MCM Expo 29-30 May 2010

Jayme said:
Ugh, again? That was such a hassle last time. I'm going to ignore it and see what happens on the day.
Could be worse. Once most of the underground had shut down and there was at least three events going on. This time there is only this going on.... can't wait to see the mixing in the corridor. Just hope they have come up with a new and better sotultion for the queueing system.
Always up for the pub. see you there if not before.

Durial666 said:
I haven't a clue how to get there from Canning Town.
One simply walks along the overpass, roughly following the route of the DLR until one crosses over it. The way is adequately signposted.

hopeful_monster said:
This time there is only this going on.... can't wait to see the mixing in the corridor.
Surely there must be some overlap between fans of anime and of combat sports. Indeed, a lot of Shonen Jump material could be considered to focus on combat sports, only without the sports in most cases.

Fudce said:
I'll be there on Saturday too. Just look out for a guy wandering around with a Wii bag, a beige cap, and wearing an Ayumu Nishizawa Tshirt.
Hey, Looking forward to seeing you again. I've started watching Hayate and it's really awesome. Ushio and Monster will also be there.

Zin5ki said:
...I myself will be happy to walk the remaining mile, though others will probably prefer to use the shuttle bus service.
If the expo day is as hot as today was, I'll gladly take the shuttle bus service.

Durial666 said:
I suppose there will be crowds walking from there then. I haven't a clue how to get there from Canning Town.
Just follow the people in cosplay and you'll be fine.

hopeful_monster said:
Just hope they have come up with a new and better sotultion for the queueing system.
So glad I don't have to queue!!! =D

hopeful_monster said:
Always up for the pub. see you there if not before.
Give me a ring once you get there. Chances are I'll be there already.

chaos said:
Fudce said:
I'll be there on Saturday too. Just look out for a guy wandering around with a Wii bag, a beige cap, and wearing an Ayumu Nishizawa Tshirt.
Hey, Looking forward to seeing you again. I've started watching Hayate and it's really awesome. Ushio and Monster will also be there.

Another convert!

Unfortunatly the new Hayate shirt I've ordered wont be released in time for Expo, have ordered myself a Hinagiku Hawaiian-style short-sleeved shirt. It's really a sight to be seen, should hopefully have it in time for Amecon in August. :)

I plan on taking plenty of funds with me this time. Started a new job just two months ago now, and it's payday on the Thursday before the expo...

I'm going to be pretty easy to spot, I'll be wearing my yellow Persona 4 T-shirt with a black bag.

I also have a mole on the bottom right side of my lips, so it depends.

chaos said:
Durial666 said:
I suppose there will be crowds walking from there then. I haven't a clue how to get there from Canning Town.
Just follow the people in cosplay and you'll be fine.
This. If you're going in the morning you'll spot someone in Bleach cosplay within 10 seconds, this is a guarantee. :wink:
Project-2501 said:
Still no show guide on the website (or they've hidden it).
They have put up a map of the Comic Village:
http://www.londonexpo.com/images/storie ... nlarge.jpg
Not everything (it's the back-left corner), but it's a start if you want to find Viz, Manga and Ghibli DVDs. I'll also be sitting at table C57 if anyone wants to come say hi... >_>;

Just a few days to go. I'm getting both excited and stressed about it, lol. *splodes*

Ushio said:
I'm getting excited and stressed about it, lol. *splodes*
If you're inclined to "splode" on the day, I recommend you bring with you adequate sanitary articles. The resulting mess would be quite unbecoming.

Zin5ki said:
Ushio said:
I'm getting excited and stressed about it, lol. *splodes*
If you're inclined to "splode" on the day, I recommend you bring with you adequate sanitary articles. The resulting mess would be quite unbecoming.
Too late. I'll get the mop...

Ohh great, i'm getting on the shuttle bus, probably safer and quicker than walking.

Of all times to plan a construction on the lines, atleast its not the main bedford to brighton line. Then i would be annoyed lol.....*double checks the national rail website to make sure*

Fudce said:
Another convert!
It's a great show. I'm really enjoying it and plan to buy more of them if possible.

Fudce said:
Unfortunatly the new Hayate shirt I've ordered wont be released in time for Expo, have ordered myself a Hinagiku Hawaiian-style short-sleeved shirt. It's really a sight to be seen, should hopefully have it in time for Amecon in August. :)
I guess I'll miss it then :/
I won't be going to Amecon this year, as I'll probably be going to comiket on the same weekend. *said casually as someone who's telling you they're heading to Tesco* =)

Fudce said:
I plan on taking plenty of funds with me this time. Started a new job just two months ago now, and it's payday on the Thursday before the expo...
That sounds dangerous... Remember to save a little for at least a pack of crisps a week.

Reevothemusefan said:
I'm going to be pretty easy to spot, I'll be wearing my yellow Persona 4 T-shirt with a black bag.

I also have a mole on the bottom right side of my lips, so it depends.
Noted, although no one is easy to spot at expo unless you're wearing a 8-feet high cosplay. Place is always awfully packed.

Project-2501 said:
I'll keep an eye out for you Fudce!
See you guys there then!

Ushio said:
This. If you're going in the morning you'll spot someone in Bleach cosplay within 10 seconds, this is a guarantee. :wink:
I bet he will see an akatsuki cosplayer before he sees a bleach captain.

Tachi- said:
Ohh great, i'm getting on the shuttle bus, probably safer and quicker than walking.

Of all times to plan a construction on the lines, atleast its not the main bedford to brighton line. Then i would be annoyed lol.....*double checks the national rail website to make sure*
They are always doing engineering works on that line. It's really annoying considering that at least 3 of the expo's I've been to, ahd disrutpions on the service. The big problem of course is to get back home with a bag full of manga and dvd's :/

Its a longish walk down the road but its not that bad i guess.
here's a pic for people if they need a hand getting there on foot.

Canning Town used to be my local station. If you're walking from there to Excel, I recommend wearing knife and bullet proof vests :D

(Just kidding. An anti-stab vest should be okay.)

fabricatedlunatic said:
Canning Town used to be my local station. If you're walking from there to Excel, I recommend wearing knife and bullet proof vests :D

Come on! that's a lovely corner of London! Are you coming to Expo?

Lovely!? Have you ever lived in Newham? Having said that, the route Tachi posted skirts around the badlands.

I won't be going, no, as I live in Suffolk now. Come to think of it, I never went when I lived two miles away.

fabricatedlunatic said:

Sounds like a little piece of Luton :p

I doubt someone would mug a group of cosplaying anime fans, especially if you see a large group of Bleach captains lol.

I think it'd be funny to see how the alien from the "Alien" movies would react to a "gimme your f***ing money"

I've no idea how the locals would react to an army of anime nerds marching through their turf. Probably too dumbfounded to do anything but stare open-mouthed at such an odd sight.

Tachi- said:
First CapitalConnect's new Electrostars have superior air conditioning to the same rolling stock owned by SouthEastern. Budget permitting, the second stage of the Thameslink upgrade works will probably see some further delays to the Bedford-Brighton line through the capital, but at least you'll have cooled train interiors to enjoy whilst you wait.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Canning Town used to be my local station. If you're walking from there to Excel, I recommend wearing knife and bullet proof vests
Now now. This is the Docklands of all places! The proximity to a financial district will raise local living costs to such a degree that, in a short while, the only residents remaining in such a vicinity will carry leather wallets and parker pens instead of blades and bullets. And these people will most probably be too busy to use said pens as weapons against us plebeians.

Zin5ki said:
Tachi- said:
First CapitalConnect's new Electrostars have superior air conditioning to the same rolling stock owned by SouthEastern. Budget permitting, the second stage of the Thameslink upgrade works will probably see some further delays to the Bedford-Brighton line through the capital, but at least you'll have cooled train interiors to enjoy whilst you wait.

Thankfully i see no disruptions on the lines this weekend, in the long run though...good to know were getting better trains, the current ones have run out of steam. (note the Pun)

Fabs not coming? come on, you know you want to lol.

Are you going to partake in an alcoholic bevy this time Zin?

Back