London MCM Expo 29-30 May 2010

Neferpitou

Stand User
Just a reminder to you all that LONDON MCM EXPO is less than three weeks away on 29-30 May. To see the preview poster of the event: Click Here or to find more info and the latest news check their official site: Link

may_poster_v5_sm.jpg

This year is going to be a money-drainer. I hope getting four/five autographs won't cost me too much, I was originally so psyched by Ronald D. Moore and Esai Morales coming but when MCM announced John Noble was attending my brain melted. Both Walter Bishop and Astrid are going to be there! I'm not the biggest Fringe fan ever, but damn, I'm excited! Semi-annoying SGU girl is also attending, so I'll probably get her autograph as well.

I remember reading the 'graphs are like... £15 each, so... if that's the case I guess I'll only be getting John Nobles. Sorry Ron.

cercia said:
GEEE YAAAAHH I can't waiit!!! Especially for an excuse to ride the DLR and see Canary Wharf^^
Perhaps I go there to often and I got used to it, but may I ask why the excitement in seeing Canary Wharf? Also, you will right the DLR, but you won't get near Canary Wharf as you take the line that goes east, rather than the southeast one.

Anyway, need to setup a meeting later for all AUKN'ers attending!

cercia said:
Especially for an excuse to ride the DLR and see Canary Wharf^^
It's what dreams are made of. One obtains some rather brilliant views aboard a DLR train from the City eastbound. Plus, the CW area is home to several species of waterfowl, including geese!

I may yet be there, getting down doesn't look like it could be as horrifyingly expensive as once thought, provided i get the bus. However nothing will happen unless i get me a job within the next week i think. So don't get yer hopes up people ;p

Anyone got any thought of what might be announced as licensed at the EXPO?

Apart from Eden of the East which Manga UK look like they have let slip on their twitter account. Got a feeling maybe Dragon Ball TV series may finally reach the uk. With Dragon Ball Z Kai appearing on USA DVD and with it lower episode count and no filler it would seem a much easier title for manga to license now.

Don't hold out much hope for ONE PIECE to be licensed though :(

We might see a few more Funimation titles coming to the UK. I havent got a clue which ones will come. Dont forget that Beez have some news regarding titles as well (including one that isnt licensed in the US i believe?)

I'm going. It's the day after pay day so it's scary the things I can do with the right financial support. :twisted:

chaos said:
Got my pass ready as well.
Blasted press insider. You get all sorts of additional benefits in exchange for simply doing a bit of journalistic snooping. Is there much behind-the-scenes information to expose anyway?

Zin5ki said:
chaos said:
Got my pass ready as well.
Blasted press insider. You get all sorts of additional benefits in exchange for simply doing a bit of journalistic snooping. Is there much behind-the-scenes information to expose anyway?
It's more about promoting the event than actually doing journalistic snooping... It's long gone the days when companies only spoke to fans on such events. Now they have twitter.

Tachi- said:
Reaper gI said:
Still need to fix my cosplay up, only have 4 days between my last exam and Expo to do the sewing it needs.

Who're you cosplaying?

Tempted to buy a Kakashi Hatake mask and a pair of These

Onozuka Komachi (Touhou Project)
Still need a sythe as well (didn't manage to get one for October), it doesn't look quite right without it.

Back