London fire is a major set back for the UK anime industry

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Following up last week's news of the huge fire at a London DVD manufacturer that destroyed a lot of MVM’s newest releases, EyeOnAnime are now reporting to have been told that the massive blaze has temporarily “killed 90% of the UK anime sceneâ€

blimey. i had no idea it was that bad - the master discs? the thought of entire DVDs being indefinitely unavailable is not a pleasant one. hopefully it won't come to that.

Theyll hopefully be able to press new masters.

As i said in the GITSSAC 4 recall thread, the replacement discs are held up due to this as well.

Very, very bad news, although hopefully the word 'temporarily' has some bearing and we can expect to see the industry back up on its feet within a month or two.

neptune2venus said:
Another blow to UK anime industry. :(

The master discs should have been ideally held in a fireproof safe located somewhere different for maximum safety.
I'm sure they will be more careful next time!

It certainly seems odd to keep items as important to this not in a fireproof location or have a back-up.

Wow, thats horrible, indeed rubbish news for the UK anime industry. All we can do is hope they all get back on their feet soon, and that this won't effect the industry long term, plus hope they can do something about the master disks

i just hope that they are able to re-produce some of the DVD's that where destroyed...some, as the master discs are gone, it as was said seems possible that they aren't remade...but i hope they are. well i'll just hope for the best.

im petter sure MVM and ADV have insureance for this sort of problem so i dont see how it could be to bad and they would have said alot more about it at ayacon if it was very very seriues.

Back