London expo

SciFiBoy said:
I'm at the bar now, using the free wifi for my phone :) had a really good day so far! idk anyone though...lol

Where in the bar are people? I went in and couldn't obviously see the right group.

Aogu said:
SciFiBoy said:
I'm at the bar now, using the free wifi for my phone :) had a really good day so far! idk anyone though...lol

Where in the bar are people? I went in and couldn't obviously see the right group.
I'm just inside left entrance in about shirt lol idk what anyone else looks like though

I sadly had to leave much earlier than planned, as I discovered a few hours in that my wallet was missing :( I wouldn't rule out my own negligence, but does anyone know if theft is common at these kind of events? There was such a clear positive attitude that I'd really be dissapointed if some attendees were pickpocketing.

At the same time, I have to offer a hearty salute to Jerome Mazandarani of Manga Entertainment. Whilst tracing my steps at the one booth I had been able to buy something from, he made specific time to try and help me whilst he and only one other available member of staff had a clear sea of eager customers. Thank you, sir. It was really appreciated :)

SciFiBoy said:
Meh I'm gonna head off then, idk
Damn, so sorry I made you wait, I was coming over and then I got a call from the stewards on my friends phone saying she'd fainted and could I come help her. I forgot entirely and we had to go see their medical staff for 1/2 an hour. Sorry I abanddoned you, hope you understand- and I hope you had a great time otherwise! I know I did :D

Aogu said:
SciFiBoy said:
Meh I'm gonna head off then, idk
Damn, so sorry I made you wait, I was coming over and then I got a call from the stewards on my friends phone saying she'd fainted and could I come help her. I forgot entirely and we had to go see their medical staff for 1/2 an hour. Sorry I abanddoned you, hope you understand- and I hope you had a great time otherwise! I know I did :D

thats fine, and fair enough if your friend was ill, hope she is okay?

I was getting quite tired anyway :)

anyway, I had a good time at the expo (went to the industry panel, got some stuff, watched some game demos, etc...)

probably go again in future (money permitting, im very low on it now, lol!)

@ HellCat - that sucks, hope you find it! I would hope people dont pick pocket!

I've just been informed that my wallet was found and handed in, full contents in tact! :D I'm so glad because it goes to show I was right about the attitude present. They weren't able to inform me who handed it in but if you see this- thank you very much. I've spent the last few hours wondering if I was completely off but in fact you people are awesome.

Pleased to hear someone honest picked up that wallet! I have heard the booth owners complaining a lot in the past about thieves, so it's good to know that this wasn't the case :)

R

Rui said:
Pleased to hear someone honest picked up that wallet! I have heard the booth owners complaining a lot in the past about thieves, so it's good to know that this wasn't the case :)

R

I encountered a bit of that fear at the Viz booth. Their place to pay wasn't marked very clearly and I ended up being accused of trying to steal some books. :? I suppose it's understandable to be worried in that kind of environment but the women in question didn't even apologise when I responded and quickly pulled out my wallet to pay for them.

I too am glad the missing wallet wasn't theft but me being a spaz! :p

SciFiBoy said:
thats fine, and fair enough if your friend was ill, hope she is okay?

I was getting quite tired anyway :)

anyway, I had a good time at the expo (went to the industry panel, got some stuff, watched some game demos, etc...)

probably go again in future (money permitting, im very low on it now, lol!)
!

Yeah she was fine pretty quickly, just too hot because of her cosplay outfit, bit of water and a little break-all that was needed.

I know what you mean about the money too, even though I got frebies I still left the place with only 20p.

@Hellcat
Glad to hear you got your wallet back, the whole place did seem very friendly but you can see why the stalll holders where worried about thieves, I mean some stalls have swarms of people picking stuff up. paying browsing and with only one member of staff on hand (TokyoPop...)

Aogu said:
@Hellcat
Glad to hear you got your wallet back, the whole place did seem very friendly but you can see why the stalll holders where worried about thieves, I mean some stalls have swarms of people picking stuff up. paying browsing and with only one member of staff on hand (TokyoPop...)

Oh, completely. It just sticks out to me because it's one thing to take offense to someone you assume is a thief but a very different thing to continue that attitude when the person happily pays for the product they've picked up. I work in a shop myself currently and I'd never do that to a customer once a misunderstanding has been ironed out.

Though that leads into a question I had- is there any kind of etiquete for browsing the stalls at these events? More often than not there was little opening to look and if I waited polietly someone else tended to push past me. Is it literally just a case of 'muscling in' or is there an order to it?

Just got back, oh good god the DLR was a nightmare getting back!!!

Cancelled trains, Bank closed, Tower Gateway closed, ended up getting the bus from Blackwall into the centre.

Saw some of the usual faces.

Project-2501 said:
Just got back, oh good god the DLR was a nightmare getting back!!!

Cancelled trains, Bank closed, Tower Gateway closed, ended up getting the bus from Blackwall into the centre.

Saw some of the usual faces.

It screwed up while I was on it! I left at 4:45 and it took 1:05 to get to Bank!
We kept stopping at every other platform for 10 minutes. The DLR on the way there was crazy too!

I've only had one expo visit where the transport was all working fine.

I will say that the expo people seem to have got their finger out with the ticketing and entry this time, although signage is still woefully poor, and the added space in the main hall was so much better than the crush back in May.

Stuart-says-yes said:
It was scary meeting people at the expo today, I'm not good at talking to people either.

It was amazing, all the manga and anime and games and toys all under one roof, I shall need to save up and travel down again at some point.

I thought it was some-what buzy at nine but wow, it was quite quiet compared to 12-1 pm in the afternoon.

I saw a yui (k-on) maid plush today, I was looking for then early in the morning but they were not on the plushy table, I come back later having literally spent every penny and there were K-on plushies :lol: maybe next time then.

Also I wasted time searching for the beez stand when I came across a figure stand, with an azu-nyan with guitar figure, for £22 quid but I was 2 seconds to late and some-one else bought it, shame it looked pretty cool.
this Yui?
WhichAzu- nyan was it !
That list is exhaustive for sub £40 figures w/ guitar, regardless it'd be a rip off at that price. None of those are even a tenner.

or was it the nendo or figma, the figma for that price would be worth it.

I hate having to spotcheck everything for bootlegs anyway, so I import everything I actualy want. So much easier, and cheaper.

Reaper gI said:
I hate having to spotcheck everything for bootlegs anyway, so I import everything I actualy want. So much easier, and cheaper.

I think I might have bought a bootleg Totoro, how do you actually check (I've never bought anything except manga and anime before!)

EDIT: I mean I haven't brought any figurines/clothing/plushies etc. and I didn't have any either! OFC I buy other stuff....

EDIT2: Corrected "brought" "bought" error... woops

Aogu said:
Reaper gI said:

I think I might have brought a bootleg Totoro, how do you actually check (I've ever brought anything except manga and anime before!)

You must have had your hands full going around expo with all those things you brought. How did you carry the things you bought there?

Back