London expo

Churchy99 said:
Yeah I'm going on the saturday! Never been before so it should be good fun!

Wear comfortable shoes, take water/something to drink, dress for the weather, expect ques, don't forget the AUKN meet up :p

With all that you'll have a good day, ifnot a busy one :thumb:

Thats where you call the weathers bluff and don't wear a raincoat. instead, wear a hoody or something that'll atleast keep you warm.

Hell the last expo's i've gone too i was wearing a hoody and a long sleeved top. ended up taking the hoody off. (may wear a suit to this one as i didn't wear one when chaos did)

ilmaestro said:
I'm looking on some Heiwajima Shizuo cosplay, so bartender outfit it is!

One of my friends went as him, it was a really good one.

I'm going as Ian from Not Simple, managed to get a close looking jacket that he wears from a charity shop.

Tachi- said:
Churchy99 said:
Yeah I'm going on the saturday! Never been before so it should be good fun!

Wear comfortable shoes, take water/something to drink, dress for the weather, expect ques, don't forget the AUKN meet up :p

With all that you'll have a good day, ifnot a busy one :thumb:

Thanks for the tips! Just out of interest if you have early entry tickets is it actually that early? Because I've heard rumours of events where you wait just as long anyway!

Early entry is a must have in my opinion.

The first expo i went to, me and the gf waited 2 hours just to get normal entry. by then alot of the stuff i was hoping to get hold of had already been sold.

plus...you get a goodybag with free stuff in with the early entry :p

Tachi- said:
Early entry is a must have in my opinion.

The first expo i went to, me and the gf waited 2 hours just to get normal entry. by then alot of the stuff i was hoping to get hold of had already been sold.

Oh cool! Me and my friends got early entry tickets about a week or 2 ago so that's all good! Thanks for giving me such a quick response! What time would you say is best to get there with early entry? Also how long should I expect to wait with early entry?!

Also where is the AUKN meetup going to be?!

I think about 8ish. that way you won't be stood waiting too long when they open the doors. The thing is, you can either turn up later and wait an hour to get in (because of the que) or turn up an hour before everyone else. but still wait an hour for the doors to open. I'd still say to get there as early as possible, so when the doors do open. you'll be able to go and have a look around before things get packed.....and believe me....they WILL get packed :p

The past few times its been at the Fox bar/pub on the walkway outside the Excel centre (when you come off the DLR, it'll be on the right, you can't miss it)

Tachi- said:
I think about 8ish. that way you won't be stood waiting too long when they open the doors. The thing is, you can either turn up later and wait an hour to get in (because of the que) or turn up an hour before everyone else. but still wait an hour for the doors to open. I'd still say to get there as early as possible, so when the doors do open. you'll be able to go and have a look around before things get packed.....and believe me....they WILL get packed :p

The past few times its been at the Fox bar/pub on the walkway outside the Excel centre (when you come off the DLR, it'll be on the right, you can't miss it)

Cool cheers! 8ish it is! I'll look look up the pub! What time do you reckon it'll happen?

usually around 2. but knowing me i'll have already headed there an hour prior and had a pint or two.

Feel free to exchange mobile numbers with folks on here. that might make life easier (especially as we don't exactly wear a AUKN branded t shirt or anything that could aid anyone lol)

Tachi- said:
usually around 2. but knowing me i'll have already headed there an hour prior and had a pint or two.

Feel free to exchange mobile numbers with folks on here. that might make life easier (especially as we don't exactly wear a AUKN branded t shirt or anything that could aid anyone lol)

I'll see if I can make it for that time. One of my friends who's going joined the forum recently so I think we'll both hang out for that one!

Tachi- said:
Sometimes. Last May they staggered the distribution of goody bags, such that I was not presented one though the person behind me was.
Fortunately, there are seldom any specifically desirable items bundled in.

sadly I have to agree, the oversized tshirt (do they really expect everyone is 20stone or do they expect everyone to "fill out" so they can wear the XL tshirt?)

4 demo umd's of Monster hunter freedom unite, would have been handy if the game hadn't of been released months prior. And nanny mcphee stickers….come on….that must have been an intended joke. The 3 free anime where nice though (even if they where from ADV....which instantly made it abit pointless.) just more random stuff to add to the collection though.

At any rate, don't take anything I've said as negative. Idieally you get early entry tickets to get to the stalls and things before the crowds grow to sardine city, not to get a "lucky" bag :p

HEY EXPO PEEPS!

Hope to be seeing all of you, come find the red comet Jeice and the Supreme Kai! (Thats what me and my GF are cosplaying). If you pose as good as the ginyu force I might offer you membership to said force haha.

Cosplay Progress

Ok armour is nearly finished just need the ginyu force symbol and then will be coating it with resin

:wink:

SANY1884.jpg

Whoa! Jakeman appears once more! Long time no see.

So you'll be part of the ginyu force? should be easy enough to spot you then when i go. shall keep an eye out.

Also, can anyone tell me what there would be on the friday? since if it isn't exactly a "proper" day, unless there is something promising on that day, i'd almost be tempted to just go saturday/sunday

Arbalest said:
Whoa! Jakeman appears once more! Long time no see.

So you'll be part of the ginyu force? should be easy enough to spot you then when i go. shall keep an eye out.

Also, can anyone tell me what there would be on the friday? since if it isn't exactly a "proper" day, unless there is something promising on that day, i'd almost be tempted to just go saturday/sunday

Well to quote the offical peeps at the london expo, 90% of the expo will be open (That is the official statement I personal asked). Also they have stated that Friday will possibly have more guests than sat and sun. So yes join me and buy a weekend ticket for 3 days of awesome!

Oh Arbalest HEY!!
My Fiance is also going as the Supreme Kai! So look for the red and pruple couple hahahahaha

Back