Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin Sequel Hit UK Cinemas

Genkina Hito

映画男!!!
Two live-action Rurouni Kenshin movies were released in Japan over August and September bringing the film trilogy to a dramatic end while breaking box office records. British fans of the franchise will be pleased to know that Warner Bros are bringing at least one of the films to UK cinemas. According to the website launchingfilms.com, Rurouni Kenshin 2 will launch on Friday 28 November.

The second film is Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno and it saw the return of lead actor Takeru Sato as Kenshin as well as lead actress Emi Takei (For Love’s Sake) and Yu Aoi (Hana and Alice). Joining the cast were Tatsuya Fujiwara (Battle Royale), and the rising actor Ryunosuke Kamiki (The Kirishima Thing).

Synopsis

When a deadly killer named Makoto Shishio (Fujiwara) gathers together a gang with the aim of toppling the government Kenshin (Sato) must take up his sword to protect the future of Japan!

The first Rurouni Kenshin film screened last year in cinemas across the UK and while there is no release date for the third film, it is expected to reach the UK at some point. Stay tuned to Anime UK News. We will bring you further details when we get them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait no more. It will be shown in Leeds International Film Festival on November 11 and 13. Visit their website for more details. Me? Ticket booked!

I hope this means a home blu-Ray release is on the cards, loved the first one even though the steelbook us up there with MVMs samurai champloo dvd for ugliest thing I own.

Well, I enjoyed watching this at the Vue in Leeds, would love to get it on Blu-ray if it's to be released and hoping for an announcement for the third film to be shown in cinema's soon, too. I think these Rurouni Kenshin movies are a real treat as a live action adaption, I find them to be a really fun watch.

Confirmed Cineworld cinema locations:
- Bolton
- Cardiff
- Crawley
- Enfield
- Glasgow RS
- Sheffield
- Stevenage
- West India Quay

It will also be shown at Vue Cinema's Piccadilly location.

Courtesy of Anime Blu-ray UK

I finished watching the film a few hours ago and it was brilliant! I'm considering whether to go again and enjoy the big action spectacle and fantastic acting/direction!

Hmm I don't really want steelbooks, but I do want to support these great releases so I'll have to accept it :(

R

Just watched the film. Loved it. :thumb:

The soundtrack was amazing, if not better than the first.

Given this is technically a 'Part 1' I hope that Warner Bros gets the second half out sooner than later (like February instead of October, for instance).

NormanicGrav said:
Just watched the film. Loved it. :thumb:

The soundtrack was amazing, if not better than the first.

Given this is technically a 'Part 1' I hope that Warner Bros gets the second half out sooner than later (like February instead of October, for instance).

I hear you on that, would love to see The Legend Ends as soon as possible but I get the feeling they might wait it out till late 2015 unfortunately, hoping I'm wrong on that though! For now I have pre-ordered Kyoto Inferno, as nice as it was seeing it in cinema I'm looking forward to re-watching this on the tv.

Back