Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't. This is Japanese companies we're talking about.

J-Novel Club was worldwide English rights to publish it's book. If a self-financed indie upstart can get worldwide rights, it's not something I'm particularly concerned about a major publisher bungling.

Viz are owned by Shueisha, Shogakukan and ShoPro. Yen is majority owned by Kadokawa, who sought a new distribution partner in the UK to try and get their manga into comic book stores, they clearly care about us too. Vertical is part-owned by Kodansha. Japanese companies would be cutting off their noses to spite their faces if they tried it.

Meanwhile, how many of you ever sourced that Asian English release of Silver Spoon? A lot of these arguments are selectively ignorant, on both sides.

Definitely double dipping on Arifureta physical release.

I'lk get Toradora! As well but a bit dissapointed overall in the licences

Definitely grabbing Arifureta. It's one of the novels I passed on reading when J-Novel were offering volume 1, but I think given the time to read it slowly I might take to it.

I'll pick up Toradora! as well considering I liked the anime. Nice to see one of the older series get picked up.

This week's releases:
Infinite Dendrogram 1: The Beginning of Possibility (E-Book ONLY)
Bluesteel Blasphemer 2 (E-Book ONLY)

First week without any physical releases since w/c 15th May

Last edited:
This week's releases:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest 2 (E-Book ONLY)
Mixed Bathing in Another Dimension Volume 4: The Ancient Seawater Baths (E-Book ONLY)
I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the (little) Apocalypse 4 (E-Book ONLY)

Plus e-book rereleases of Sword Art Online Progressive volumes 3 and 4

Seven Seas have licensed:

Toradora!

Well I'll pick this up for sure. Curious though, Seven Seas bowed out of the LN market a while back, odd to see them return. I guess Yen Press has very much established a market this time compared to before though.

I do hope they put the time in to properly translate, edit and proof read. It was quite noticeable with the 3rd Strawberry Panic novel that they were rushing it.

Bookwalker have licensed (presumably for e-book only):

The Ryuo's Work is Never Done/Ryuuou no Oshigoto!
- Series published under GA Bunko, just like the author's previous 3 works (of which the most notable is perhaps Nourin)
- Series ongoing in Japan at 6 volumes
- Won first place in 2017's Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi!
- The series has an upcoming anime adaptation, although the date of this is not yet confirmed.
- Due for release this autumn

Last edited:
This week's releases:
No Game No Life 6
Durarara!! 7
Kagerou Daze VII -from the darkness-
Your Lie in April: A Six Person Etude
The Faraway Paladin III: The Lord of the Rust Mountains (E-Book ONLY)

Plus e-book rereleases of volumes 8-10 of Sword Art Online

Incidentally, No Game No Life 6 has the highest rank for a light novel on bookdepository since I started using it, while Your Lie in April has the lowest so far this year.

Ordered the Your Lie in April volume. I need Durarara, but I haven't read 5 and 6 yet (despite owning them). So maybe pick 7 up later >_>

Incidentally, No Game No Life 6 has the highest rank for a light novel on bookdepository since I started using it, while Your Lie in April has the lowest so far this year.

Not surprised YLiA is so low. I mean, how many people even know it exists? I'm a massive YLiA but even I missed the news of it being licensed until it was posted in this thread. ^^;

This week's releases:
Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash level. 2 Everything is Precious (physical release)
Clockwork Planet 1 (E-Book ONLY)
In Another World With My Smartphone 4 (E-Book ONLY)

This week's releases:
Paying to Win in a VRMMO 4 (E-Book ONLY)
My Big Sister Lives in a Fantasy World 5: The Strongest Little Brother's Commonplace Encounters with the Bizarre?! (E-Book ONLY)

This week's releases:
KonoSuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! 3: You're Being Summoned, Darkness
Goblin Slayer 3
Sword Art Online 11: Alicization Turning
The Devil is a Part-Timer! 8
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers 2
The Irregular at Magic High School 5: Summer Vacation arc 1
The Asterisk War 4: Quest for Days Lost
A Certain Magical Index 12
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord 2 (E-Book ONLY)

KonoSuba for me! Have to read volume 10 of SAO before buying the next one, and have two volumes of The Devil is a Part-Timer to read....

This week's releases:
Nisemonogatari (Fake Tale) Part 2
Mikagura School Suite 1: Stride After School
Demon King Daimaou Act 2 (E-Book ONLY)
Infinite Dendrogram 2: The Beasts of Undeath (E-Book ONLY)
Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash level. 5: Hear Me Out, and Try Not to Laugh (E-Book ONLY)

It's 45 days since the last light novel announcement, excluding announcements of more of things that are already out or coming out. This is the longest gap since that between 4th August - 2nd October last year, before Seven Seas properly reentered the industry, before Bookwalker started funding translations, and before J-Novel Club had announced their existence to the world.

Things have changed a lot in the last year, haven't they?

Last edited:
This week's release:
Vampire Hunter D 26: Bedevilled Stagecoach
Occultic;Nine 2 (physical release)
The Faraway Paladin III Secondus: The Lord of the Rust Mountain (E-Book ONLY)

Last edited:
Back