Life Sucks

Aion

Time-Traveller
No; this isn't my monthly emo thread. It's about the manga called Life, and how my situation sucks regarding it.

Y'see, Tokyopop dropped it after nine volumes. Volume nine is now hard to get. I've ordered from up1 and AOL... only to have both orders canceled. I NEED to buy the bloody book 'cause the internet only has chapters 32 and 37 translated - NOTHING in-between. If I could get the damned book, I'd be at least able to read 10 volumes before on-holding it because, for some bizarre reason, the contents of volume ten are translated.

I've even gone down the eBay path and, sadly for me, there's one auction: selling for £99.99. As luck would have it, on the tenth - after some guy paid £8.50 for a copy - the price went up. I don't know why, and I've been told just to add it to my watchlist and hope someone knocks a nine off the price.

And, just now, I got all excited 'cause, when I was searching for the ISBN on Google - more in hope than expectation - I came across another eBay auction; one selling the books for £7.95. 10+ books in-stock, good feedback... everything looked rosy. Of course, what I didn't realize was that the auction ended on the 15th of Feb, with no buyers due to the seller listing it in the sub-section of the wrong section.

Link

...WHAT DO I DO!? I like Life, despite hating life. It's one of the few titles I can speed through without issue AND I NEED MORE!11!1!!

I don't know if animecastle ship to the UK, but I'll give them a proper once-over next week. I'm going to see if Ms. £99.99 responds to my message first, or if my hopeful messages to the two sellers who listed auctions in Feb leads to anything good.

Damn me for getting on the Life train so late in the game. I was lucky enough to get 1-3 + 6 for next to nothing, and managed to get the rest new, but the last volume released is a complete and utter BITCH.

Mangaman, I've ordered from Animecastle, paying $15 (!?) shipping. I'm betting they cancel, even though it's supposed to be in-stock, but here's hoping they do actually have one copy of this bloody elusive book!

If they do, y'know, actually send it, I'll no longer complain about you spamming. We'll be cool.

kippy666 said:

Apart from the out of stock part, yes. I give you 5/10 for at least finding the right book and linking to it.

That-Bastard-Bad-Guy-Aion said:
Mangaman, I've ordered from Animecastle, paying $15 (!?) shipping. I'm betting they cancel, even though it's supposed to be in-stock, but here's hoping they do actually have one copy of this bloody elusive book!

If they do, y'know, actually send it, I'll no longer complain about you spamming. We'll be cool.

kippy666 said:

Apart from the out of stock part, yes. I give you 5/10 for at least finding the right book and linking to it.
It's out of stock? But it says it has it but it will take a few extra days to ship.

6-12 days means they need to order it from their suppliers, and there's no supply for an out of print book. I've had hopeful orders with both Amazon and Play for over a week now.

Again, +1 for effort, but -1 in terms of actually being helpful.

That-Bastard-Bad-Guy-Aion said:
6-12 days means they need to order it from their suppliers, and there's no supply for an out of print book. I've had hopeful orders with both Amazon and Play for over a week now.

Again, +1 for effort, but -1 in terms of actually being helpful.
Okay at least I tried and I'll keep it in mind for when I buy things on amazon. Didn't think I was going to be rated by doing this though. If I see it anywhere I will tell you.

Not when it's out of print and there's no supply for UK stores to tap into in order to get a US published book, no.

Animecastle have shipped my $23/£16 book, by the way. The shipping is crazy for a 170 page book, but at least they're sending it tracked. I just hope it's in mint condition since I'm paying like 3x the average...

OUT of print??? No way!! I thought maybe u could pick it up quicker at a secondhand store but that'd be a stab in the dark, kinda...Well, if u are in UK I know a secondhand store in London Soho that I got Hana No Asukagami from but if you struggle with Jap.-only issues, it may be a problem.

Mangaman, you're the man, man. I misjudged you when I tried to get you banned for never typing more than a few words per post. I'll allow you to stay for life.

Life 9 arrived today. I've read it, and it's now in its new home--a plastic bag. Annoyingly, only chapters 36-37 are translated for me to read further on the net... even though 40-41 are translated. Grrrrrr.

Roy, hurry up and go to Japan. SOON. I know August is the month I was born in but, seriously, birthday gift or not, that's a long time to wait. You're putting your needs before my own, and I don't like it. I NEED (a) LIFE!!!!!

Back