Legal Streaming for Autumn 2020 Anime Simulcasts & Catalog Additions

Crunchyroll are lucky I pay yearly, they suck this season
Come on, they have Sport Climbing Girls! 😜

Actually yeah, apart from 3 big sequels (if you want subbed), there's only Jujutsu Kaisen (which looked good yesterday) and Noblesse (supposed to be the best of the 3 Mangwa adaptations) to get hyped about.

Last edited:
Love live I saw when on the US FUNi website but no on the uk site
I noticed as well so whoever was promoting it on Twitter very likely did not get the memo correctly. I suspected this especially as the show didn't present itself on the schedule nor the show page was available to us.

Yeah I’m just concerned we won’t get access to Irregular as S1 isn’t available so like when KAGUYA was added they will be slow to give us access
We even managed to get Alicization in the end so access to Season 1 of Mahouka could occur but I have no clue at this point.

Honestly I think Funi currently have the weakest lineup for me, even disregarding the sequels! Watching Fly Me to the Moon and Jujutsu Kaisen currently on CR (with Talentless Nana to follow) and those are already enough to be worth it this season. Especially combined with DanMachi and Haikyu!! 😅

Did Funimation not give us the Moriarty special preview? The page is there for the show, but with no videos, and if you go to a direct link to episode 0, it tries to play and says episode unavailable. Unless it was only up for a limited time, and I just happened to miss it, but I tried about 20 minutes after that link was posted on Twitter by someone watching it.

It was a pre-airing (ie not on TV but, either at an event or online) of the first episode. Streaming services normally can only put shows up after they've aired properly on TV in Japan. First episode airs next Sunday.

It was a pre-airing (ie not on TV but, either at an event or online) of the first episode. Streaming services normally can only put shows up after they've aired properly on TV in Japan. First episode airs next Sunday.

I don’t think it was an event type of pre-airing, as someone linked to it on Twitter with the link I posted above. And according to this link on Funimation’s site, it’s supposed to be up until the full broadcast premier for subscribers.

They’ve done this for shows before where they uploaded episodes early for a limited time, as I remember watching ID:Invaded’s first two episodes early before they aired. That was up for a week, I think? I can’t remember exactly as it was a while ago, but it was definitely up for a bit and was a few weeks before it premiered.

So either they only have the rights for the pre-airing in the US, or it’s a mess up on the UK site’s end. It seems strange they’d have permission to show the actual airing here and not the pre-airing, but stranger things have happened with licensing before.

It’s not the end of the world as I don’t have to wait 2 weeks for episode 2, but I really was looking forward to it, and it makes it harder to avoid spoilers.

Edit: I found a tweet from Funi UK/IE that links to the same article above, so it implies that we should be getting the pre-airing. Of course they also promoted Love Live, and I don’t think we got that either in the end. I’ve tweeted a reply to them to see if we’re supposed to have it or not.

Last edited:
I don’t think it was an event type of pre-airing, as someone linked to it on Twitter with the link I posted above. And according to this link on Funimation’s site, it’s supposed to be up until the full broadcast premier for subscribers.

They’ve done this for shows before where they uploaded episodes early for a limited time, as I remember watching ID:Invaded’s first two episodes early before they aired. That was up for a week, I think? I can’t remember exactly as it was a while ago, but it was definitely up for a bit and was a few weeks before it premiered.

So either they only have the rights for the pre-airing in the US, or it’s a mess up on the UK site’s end. It seems strange they’d have permission to show the actual airing here and not the pre-airing, but stranger things have happened with licensing before.

It’s not the end of the world as I don’t have to wait 2 weeks for episode 2, but I really was looking forward to it, and it makes it harder to avoid spoilers.

Edit: I found a tweet from Funi UK/IE that links to the same article above, so it implies that we should be getting the pre-airing. Of course they also promoted Love Live, and I don’t think we got that either in the end. I’ve tweeted a reply to them to see if we’re supposed to have it or not.
In ID:INVADED's case Funimation was actually on the production committee so they had a lot more freedom when it came to posting episodes early. They're not on the production committee for Moriarty so it's a different situation here.

Also tried contacting Funimation about Love Live. It's been pretty confusing to say the least.

Licensing sure is fun.

The official Love Live website removed UK from the simulcast list today. Wakanim is still on the list for Russia+Northern Europe but the series isn't listed on the service.

Yeah, I had my suspicion that the whole UK/IE confirmation on Funi's twitter was a miscommunication. But then again the show is still displayed on the simuldub page.

Back