Legal Streaming 2020: Q1 Winter Season

Only one show on HiDive so far and that the 3rd season of a show I haven't been watching! Also only 4 shows left to be picked up!
I've got to get through my backlog and then ditch it because it just isn't worth the money for seasonal stuff ATM.

Simulcast Round-up. Updated as of Tuesday 14th January at 1:00am GMT.

Monday:
Tuesday:
  • 15:00 - Sorcerous Stabber Orphen - Funimation [sub]
  • 17:00 - Squishy! Black Clover - Crunchyroll [sub]
  • ????? - Isekai Quartet 2 - Crunchyroll [sub]
Wednesday:
  • 14:00 - BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense. - Funimation [sub]
  • 14:30 - number24 - Funimation [sub]
  • 15:30 - Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Director's Cut - Crunchyroll [sub]
  • 17:05 - Plunderer - Funimation [dub/sub]
Thursday:
  • 13:00 - Nekopara - Funimation [sub]
  • 14:30 - Hatena Illusion - Funimation [sub]
  • 14:30 - SHOW BY ROCK!! Mashumairesh!! - Funimation [sub]
  • 15:00 - Infinite Dendrogram - Funimation [sub]
  • 17:00 - Somali and the Forest Spirit - Crunchyroll [sub]
  • 17:05 - If My Favourite Pop Idol Made It To The Budokan, I Would Die - Funimation [sub]
  • 17:30 - The Case Files of Jeweler Richard - Crunchyroll [sub]
  • 17:30 - Uchitama?! Have you seen my Tama? - Crunchyroll [sub, delaycast 1 month] - Funimation [sub]
  • 17:58 - Toilet-bound Hanako-kun - Funimation [sub]
Friday:
  • 15:30 - Asteroid in Love - Crunchyroll [sub]
  • 16:30 - Darwin's Game - Crunchyroll [sub, delaycast 1 month] - Funimation [sub]
  • 16:30 - Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It - Crunchyroll [sub]
  • 17:05 - A Certain Scientific Railgun T - Crunchyroll [sub]
  • 18:55 - Smile Down the Runway - Funimation [sub]
  • 19:00 - Oda Cinnamon Nobunaga - Crunchyroll [sub]
  • 19:30 - Haikyu!!: To the Top - Crunchyroll [sub]
Saturday:
  • 14:00 - A Destructive God Sits Next to Me - Crunchyroll [sub]
  • 15:00 - Interspecies Reviewers - Funimation [sub]
  • 15:30 - 22/7 (nanabun no nijyuuni) - Crunchyroll [sub, delaycast 1 month] - Funimation [sub]
  • 16:30 - Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story - Crunchyroll [sub, delaycast 1 week] - Funimation [sub]
  • 19:00 - In/Spectre - Crunchyroll [sub]
Sunday:

Last edited:
Reckon it'll be half 7. The air time in Japan is an hour earlier (24:30) than Chihayafuru (25:30) which turns up at 20:30 on Crunchyroll.
OK, got that wrong, but it's because it didn't know that the whole season dropped on Amazon in Japan!:
There are now 3 episodes on Crunchyroll, no idea when and how the rest will turn up. Those 3 showed up at 16:30.

Catalog: Scheduled for Netflix on 1st February 2020. These may change at the last second so do be aware of that:
  • Boruto: Naruto the Movie
  • Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! the Movie: Rikka Version
  • Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! the Movie: Take on Me
  • My Hero Academia the Movie: Two Heroes
  • Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow
  • Naruto the Movie 2: Legend of the Stone of Gelel
  • Naruto the Movie 3: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom
  • Naruto Shippuden the Movie
  • Naruto Shippuden the Movie 2: Bonds
  • Naruto Shippuden the Movie 3: The Will of Fire
  • Naruto Shippuden the Movie 4: The Lost Tower
  • Naruto Shippuden the Movie 4: Blood Prison
  • The Night is Short, Walk on Girl

New: Studio GONZO's anime adaptation for Cagaster of the Insect Cage will be heading to Netflix on 6th February 2020. This is being handled in a similar vein to Devilman Crybaby, so all territories will have access to all episodes in one go (unless the anime had a second cour in the works).

New/Catalog: Studio Shirogumi & Robot Communications' theatrical anime adaptation for Dragon Quest: Your Story will be heading to Netflix on 13th February 2020.

Catalog: Scheduled for Netflix on 1st February 2020. These may change at the last second so do be aware of that:
  • Deadman Wonderland
  • High School DxD Season 1
  • Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
  • Noragami Season 1
  • Parasyte -the maxim-
Catalog: And as mentioned earlier, 21 of 22 Studio Ghibli films are heading to Netflix throughout the Winter to early Spring season.
  • 1st February Batch:
    • Kiki’s Delivery Service (Majo no Takkyuubin)
    • Laputa: Castle in the Sky (Tenkuu no Shiro Laputa)
    • My Neighbor Totoro (Tonari no Totoro)
    • Ocean Waves (Umi ga Kikoeru)
    • Only Yesterday (Omoide Poroporo)
    • Porco Rosso (Kurenai no Buta)
    • Tales from Earthsea (Gedo Senki)
  • 1st March Batch:
    • Arrietty (Karigurashi no Arrietty)
    • The Cat Returns (Neko no Ongaeshi)
    • My Neighbors the Yamadas (Tonari no Yamada-kun)
    • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä)
    • Princess Mononoke (Mononoke Hime)
    • Spirited Away (Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi)
    • The Tale of The Princess Kaguya (Kaguya-hime no Monogatari)
  • 1st April Batch:
    • From Up on Poppy Hill (Coquelicot-zaka kara)
    • Howl’s Moving Castle (Howl no Ugoku Shiro)
    • Pom Poko (Heisei Tanuki Gassen Ponpoko)
    • Ponyo (Gake no Ue no Ponyo)
    • When Marnie Was There (Omoide no Marnie)
    • Whisper of the Heart (Mimi wo Sumaseba)
    • The Wind Rises (Kaze Tachinu)

Here's hoping they've somehow managed to use that Netflix money to find an uncensored version of Deadman Wonderland... highly unlikely though.
It was an alright show but the censorship just made it unwatchable for me....

Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac Part 2 is now available on Netflix and you can now watch the series in Japanese audio with English subtitles.

Can't get that page on the phone or TV app or on the chrome app using desktop site. I have managed to get placeholder pages before, but I guess the UK site hasn't been done yet? And the Tweet is from the another territory?
I can view it on the web browser and am logged in as well. Netflix has already dubbed it so it was going to appear sooner than later. What Funi is doing is basically theatrical only much like Rascal Dreaming Girl and In This Corner of the World, they could have home video rights but streaming is exclusive to Netflix.

Future Delaycast: Great Pretender details were revealed and will air on Summer 2020 season as part of the +ULTRA line-up for a total of 23 or so episodes length. Netflix has confirmed to bring it over internationally but details are slim. They also confirmed plans to release BNA: Brand New Animal from the Spring 2020 season, also from the +ULTRA block, for later this year.

Back