Legal Streaming 2019: Q4 Autumn / Fall Season

On All4 so far I've found Charlotte, Cowboy Bebop, The Dragon's Dentist, Durarara, InuYasha, Megalobox, Vision of Escaflowne and Tokyo Ghoul. There may be more than I missed on my skimming on the A-Z.

There is also Little Norse Prince, The Wind Rises and The Tale of the Princess Kaguya but being films, these will probably a different license and on for a shorter time.

Inuyasha isn’t AL.... (and I doubt ever will)
Rest are. Nice to remind me they do they have Meglobox and guess that means the dub is here now.

UPDATE: Inyuasha says no episodes are available and Durarara is only S1 (not the better X2)

My mistake on InuYasha. Its listed but the episode are unavailable to be played. Thought it was an odd addition seeing as everything else was AL.

This All 4 news is a huge surprise. One of the big Freeview broadcasters investing in anime, even just on their SVOD service, is a big step to reaching out to more mainstream consumers.

Now, it's a shame nothing came up when I searched Symphogear though 😉

Isnt it like 200 episodes and I have no idea what the quality of Viz's BDs will be like so I did assume very unlike cos of BBFC.

If Viz is copying what the Spanish have done. It is an upscale of a decent source (different from what the old DVDs used) so there is a slightly cleaner image with some very small details you couldn't view properly before being shown.

It's not a huge improvement over the old DVDs, but atleast its not the worse upscale I've ever seen.

This is only streaming right? Not on any of the Channel4 miriad of channels on Sky/Freeview. Still, good news!

There is also Little Norse Prince, The Wind Rises and The Tale of the Princess Kaguya but being films, these will probably a different license and on for a shorter time.
Yeah, these are probably catch ups from them being shown on Film4. Would be cool to get them all up and HBO are going to be streaming them in the US, so it could happen here at some point.

Back