Legal Streaming 2019: Q2 Spring Season

Should I quote Chaos Dragon as yes being good Novel writers means jack in terms of scriptwriting, JK Rowling and Fantastic Beasts comes to mind too...

Not gonna argue there! I think Fairy Gone will be redeemable though, you just have to look at it differently.

Honestly, after watching the first three episodes, I still think Fairy Gone is one of the weakest shows this season mainly because it's trying so hard to be serious and original when its own ideas are basically taken from other franchises. I want the series to be good, but right now it is simply put - average and boring. Marlya is kawaii though.

I don’t really see it as ‘trying too hard’, I like the ideas it has and they remind me of To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts. It might not be original but that hasn’t hampered my enjoyment. :)

Discotek titles have been added to Crunchyroll, here's the round-up:

Blue Seed
United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Iceland

Blue Seed 2
United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Iceland

Inukami!

Inukami! Movie (Inukami! The Movie: Tokumei Reiteki Sousakan Karina Shirou!)

Miss Machiko - Episodes 76-95
United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland
Only accessible for United States & Canada are:
Dancouga: Super Beast Machine God
EAT-MAN

GoShogun
GoShogun: The Time Étranger
Kaiba
Space Warrior Baldios

The Twelve Kingdoms
Ultra Maniac

Discotek titles have been added to Crunchyroll, here's the round-up:

Nagasarete Airanto

Photon the Idiot Adventures
Only accessible for United States & Canada are:
8 Man After
The Adventures of the Little Prince
Captain Harlock: Arcadia of My Youth - Endless Orbit SSX
Cosmo Warrior Zero
EAT-MAN '98
Elemental Gelade
Honey and Clover
Honey and Clover II
Kimagure Orange Road
The Legend of Black Heaven
Midnight Eye Goku

Psybuster

You can now watch the following on Funimation:

Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie
United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland

Psycho-Pass: The Movie
United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland​

Netflix June 2019 line-up has been revealed.

Netflix Originals line-up (aka Worldwide):
Kakegurui XX - 13th June
Aggretsuko Season 2 - 14th June
The End of Evangelion - 21st June
Evangelion: Death (true)^2 - 21st June
Neon Genesis Evangelion - 21st June
Forest of Piano Season 2 - 24th June
7SEEDS - 28th June

Netflix US only:
Angel Beats! - 1st June
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day - 1st June
March comes in like a Lion Season 1 - 1st June
March comes in like a Lion Season 2 - 1st June
A Silent Voice - 5th June

Netflix US only:
Angel Beats! - 1st June
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day - 1st June
March comes in like a Lion Season 1 - 1st June
March comes in like a Lion Season 2 - 1st June
A Silent Voice - 5th June

Out of those Netflix US June additions, 2 of those are already on Netflix UK (Angel Beats and A Silent Voice). I'm guessing Angel Beats was down to Manga and A Silent Voice was down to Anime Limited in those cases. While Anime Limited have the rights to Season 1 of March Comes in Like a Lion (not on Netflix UK at the time of my comment), they don't have Season 2 (yet) (both seasons are on Crunchyroll however), and no UK distributor has the rights to Anohana.

I would love the AnoHana dub to be legally available here in the UK so more people can see it

I would love Anohana itself to be legally available in the UK, as it was never legally available at all in the UK (not even the original Japanese language version). Especially for the people who missed out on the NISA and Hanabee releases (if they prefer Japanese language) or can't afford/don't want to shell out for the AoA release (if they either want the dub or can't stand locked subs (in the case of the Hanabee release)).

Some people, as a result, ended up resorting to other means for their first viewing, myself included admittedly (and no, I'm not encouraging it), but I loved it enough, I ended up going for the AoA set on release day (I watch it in Japanese, but I try to avoid lock sub releases in general whenever possible, unless an unlocked release is not in print or worse than a locked release).

Last edited:
That’s a pretty harsh delay, but I can certainly understand why they’ve gone that far for such a big show.

Back