Legal Streaming 2019: Q2 Spring Season

Noticed Peace Maker Kurogane movie has been added to Crunchyroll today. At first I thought it was the first of 2 movies but it seems as though Belief & Friend are 2 separate movies and Crunchyroll have combined them?

So no new BD its just for HIDIVE?
I reckon they'll get it out on Blu-ray later down the line, perhaps to see if the viewing numbers are strong enough for a collector's edition release.

As an example, Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun started off as a subtitled only release until fan demand came along and it got both a dub and a collector's set.

I've done some quick mini-research regarding the upcoming anime titles and their broadcast details. Outside of the obvious one (Carole & Tuesday for Netflix), the rest of the anime all seem to be available normally so I wouldn't worry about titles like Fairy Gone or We Never Learn.

The real interesting curiousity that I have for this Spring are two things; which shows will be exclusive to Funimation, and whether or not we are able to legally stream One Punch Man Season 2. If anyone wants to make some predictions feel free, I'll probably provide my own below.

Crunchyroll + HIDIVE:
Ace of Diamond: Act II (Diamond no Ace: Act II)
Ao-chan Can't Study! (Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai)
Bakumatsu: Crisis
Beyond of Being Alone (Hitoribocchi no ○○ Seikatsu)
Bungo Stray Dogs [Season 3]
Cardfight!! Vanguard: Zoku Koukousei-hen
Chou Kadou Girl ⅙: Amazing Stranger
Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba)
Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine
I'm From Japan (Jimoto ga Japan)
The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Gekijou: Climax Season
Isekai Quartet
Joshi Kausei
Midnight Occult Civil Servants (Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin)
Mix: Meisei Story
Mr. Nobunaga's Young Bride (Nobunaga-sensei no Osanazuma)
Namu Amida Bu! -Rendai Utena-
Senryū Girl (Senryuu Shoujo)
Shonen Ashibe: Go! Go! Goma-chan [Season 4]
Why the hell are you here, Teacher!? (Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!?)
Yatogame-chan Observation Diary (Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki)
YU-NO: A girl who chants love at the bound of this world. (Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO)

Funimation:
Annihilated City: Where I End and You Begin (Shoumetsu Toshi)
Attack on Titan [Season 3 Part 2]
Fairy Gone
Fruits Basket [2019 series]
Magmell of the Sea Blue (Gunjou no Magmel)
RobiHachi
The Sage's Grandson (Kenja no Mago)
Sarazanmai
Senko, the Always-Helpful Fox (Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san)
Stop This Sound! (Kono Oto Tomare!)
Strike Witches 501st Unit, Taking Off! (World Witches Series: 501-butai Hasshin Shimasu!)
We Never Learn (Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai)

Last edited:
Didn’t all Sentai shows end up on CR this season. So it does look like some agreement exists I just wonder if they will officially be distributors now. Hope so Cos maybe there will be a good BD release of Bungo s3 then.

As mentioned in the News thread, Sentai Filmworks have acquired two of the three Animeism titles airing this Spring; Ao-chan Can't Study and Senryu Girl. They are 15 minute episode shows so it makes sense for the distributor to get both in a bundle. HIDIVE will of course stream the two in regions worldwide outside Asia.

UPDATE: Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher!? has also been picked up for the same regions.

Last edited:
Not that it's a surprise, but I'm glad to see Ace of the Diamond there :)

There's less than 10 shows this season I have any interest in at all, and that may well end up lower after an episode or two. Barring recommendations from others it's not going to be a busy season for me...

I just wish Cr altered their websites so whatever Region you were in the simulcast time would go into local time (like each show page does). I need to start catching up again on AoD original.

According to Funimation UK's Twitter, Fruits Basket will be here the same day as elsewhere despite not being on the s hedule yet. Wish they'd stop worrying us like that.

Back