Key The Metal Idol (Help!)

Churchy99

Adventurer
Hey there all. I recently read up about Key The Metal Idol and I saw the odd AMV here and there and to me it looks really damn good, interesting and something a bit left field.

I want to purchase the whole collection in one go but I seem to have no damn clue where to find it online with a price that isn't £100 and over.

Reigons aren't an issue with me but is there anyway I can't get the whole series a bit cheaper, even if it's just buying all the volumes seperately?

I would seriously like some help with this guys so anything is appreciated. Also feel free to post your thoughts on the series too!

Is this a good time to mention that a complete collection went for £15 (Buy it Now) on ebay a couple of weeks back? Had I known it was that rare I would have nabbed it myself...

Second Spin currently have the second and third volumes in stock for $10 each plus shipping. An Amazon marketplace seller has the first volume for £12 plus shipping. Done!

fabricatedlunatic said:
Is this a good time to mention that a complete collection went for £15 (Buy it Now) on ebay a couple of weeks back? Had I known it was that rare I would have nabbed it myself...

Second Spin currently have the second and third volumes in stock for $10 each plus shipping. An Amazon marketplace seller has the first volume for £12 plus shipping. Done!

I've never used Second Spin before and the lack of images of the product made me suspicious but I take it as you recommend it should be alright.
(On a similar note I can't find the thread with the ratings of different sites - is it me or has it disappeared?!)

Second Spin are fine. Quite a few people here, including that bastard bad guy and bargain hunter extraordinaire, Aion, have ordered a lot of stuff from them.

Personally I've had one bootleg and one faulty disc in a couple of dozen orders, and both times they've offered either credit or a refund. So while I can't guarantee you won't have a problem, I can say that it's unlikely that you will.

Is this the thread you're talking about? It's in the news and rumours forum for some reason.

Cool. Cheers for looking that up. Sorry to be a bit wary - it's just I don't have a huge experience in ordering off the internert so I don't know which sites I can trust etc.

Thanks for finding it I shall get to it - hell I might even write a review for the site if they allow random people to do it!

Also thanks for finding the other thread. It used to be a sticky but then it obviously became unstuck!

Thanks again!

If anyone does find another deal like the whole collection going for £15 then let me know as I won't be ordering for a few more days!

I managed to obtain single volumes through Amazon marketplace, and would recommend you do the same. To expect to pay £15 for the complete set is not entirely realistic, I'm afraid to say.

(Be wary of cheap complete collections selling through eBay, for reasons that should be obvious.)

As for the content of the series, I rank it within my top ten. Key is an under-appreciated gem of the early 1990s, peppered with some commendable and almost visceral visual sequences. On occasions it rivals Evangelion on matters of screenplay, despite being clearly low in budget. Some of the narrative is somewhat tedious however, so be willing to endure its mundane parts whilst awaiting its moments of flair.

Some critics complain about its ending, but I do not share such a disapproval, instead finding it quite triumphant and thoroughly satisfying.

Zin5ki said:
I managed to obtain single volumes through Amazon marketplace, and would recommend you do the same. To expect to pay £15 for the complete set is not entirely realistic, I'm afraid to say.

(Be wary of cheap complete collections selling through eBay, for reasons that should be obvious.)

As for the content of the series, I rank it within my top ten. Key is an under-appreciated gem of the early 1990s, peppered with some commendable and almost visceral visual sequences. On occasions it rivals Evangelion on matters of screenplay, despite being clearly low in budget. Some of the narrative is somewhat tedious however, so be willing to endure its mundane parts whilst awaiting its moments of flair.

Some critics complain about its ending, but I do not share such a disapproval, instead finding it quite triumphant and thoroughly satisfying.

Thanks for the help and opinions man. When I first saw some clips I just got a feeling that this might be something that bit special! You've made me all the more excited about it now!

fabricatedlunatic said:
Second Spin are fine. Quite a few people here, including that bastard bad guy and bargain hunter extraordinaire, Aion, have ordered a lot of stuff from them.

Yeah likewise, El Hazard OVA for £50...steal ;)

mangaman74 said:
I upgraded to the box set a while ago, so I have a spare set of volumes 1-3. If you are interested let me know.

OH HELLS YEAH! It would save having to track different orders and possible problems if one volume didn't arrive etc.

Yeah just pm me for details or what you want for them. If you could do that you'd be a life saver!

I was going to PM the pictures Churchy, but there is a limit of 2 attatchments per a PM. It seemed easier to just post the pics here instead. Sorry for the picture quality but here are the pictures for KTMI.

Back