Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! Episode 4

Birdie Num Num

Adventurer
With only 4 episodes, this is my favourite anime of this season, and already a contender for anime of the year.

Episode 4 showed us the kind of shortcuts or cuts in general that are needed when working to deadline, and the last half just blew me away, like I was actually sitting in the audience. I had to watch it a few times, it was just so great and inspiring.

I can't wait to see what the team does next, now with a budget.

I'm not sure it's quite getting into AoTY ground for me yet, but its certainly a strong contender for anime of the season!

This episode was definitely the best one since the beginning. It pulled off the magic of animation really well and certainly made up for spending so much time on the nitty gritty details until now (which I didn't mind but still). Hopefully it can continue the good work from here!

For me it’s Shirobako if that was good and creative

In fairness to both series, that isn't a very fair comparison. They're both trying to do very different things with their approach to animation.

Shirobako told me I don’t care about creation of anime while this says I do. Shirobako was just dull I just hope having an another anime about creation of anime means people put Shirobako on a pedestal less.

Shirobako was much more focused on a fully developed productions and the pros/cons of it (although ultimately with a very positive light shone on it), whereas this is just pure passion for animation. I don't think this will make people care less for Shirobako or put it on a pedestal less and nor should it because they're so different.

I'd love to see the Animeta! manga made into anime because that's much more of a 'competitor' to Shirobako in terms of its story. Highly recommended read if you like these kinds of stories!

@Birdie Num Num OP Fixed for dark theme uses 😉
With only 4 episodes, this is my favourite anime of this season, and already a contender for anime of the year.

Episode 4 showed us the kind of shortcuts or cuts in general that are needed when working to deadline, and the last half just blew me away, like I was actually sitting in the audience. I had to watch it a few times, it was just so great and inspiring.

I can't wait to see what the team does next, now with a budget.

Definitely a contender for AotS. Someone moaned this season was trash, but I think they watched the wrong shows as nearly everything I've watched this season has at least something going for it (apart from the 2 I dropped) and there's about 5 vying for the top spot.

Yeah I think this season is good. Haikyu, Eizokuen Pet and even the ReZero DC I’m finding improves it.
Magia record is the big weak one for me still can’t not think of it as a cash grab

Pet, ID, Darwin's Game and In/Spectre are all interesting dramas.
Eizouken, Hanako-kun and Somali all have excellent art and well animated with interesting aspects to their stories.
Hatena, BOFURI, Budoukan, Asteroid and Science are all good fun. As are NekoparA and Interspecies, but with added fanservice and ecchi respectively.

This show is like a little ray of sunshine.

Given that they were talking about cost-saving stylistic techniques though, I was kind of hoping they’d discover the postcard memory.

F69447EA-5D94-43BD-A687-95EBE7F51582.gif

Back