Just get rid of the Forum Games topic already!, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitizenGeek

Guild Member
Now that all the inanity and idiocy of the Ever Enduring Games forum is being conducted by the AUKN children in the General Conversation thread, the forum games sub-forum has lost any semblance of legitimacy. It's just the same 3 posters (Titan, JamesX and MONONOKE) that are spamming it, using it to artificially inflate their post counts while members like ayase are losing post counts due to forum purges. It's not fair, and it doesn't make sense to encourage that kind of conduct on a forum because of how massively counter-productive it is. Just get rid of it once and for all.

Also: The music forum is an abject failure. It's activity is relatively tiny compared to other forums, and the Movies/TV forum is not so active as to be unable to accomodate music discussion also. They should be amalgamated.

The forum games section seems to come up a lot, yet i think the problem at hand isn't exactly that, more the post counts. Does it really matter than someones post count is so low? Quality over quantity in my opinion.
The forum games section has had a fairly large fall in posts per day, which is probably what was aimed at, yet i can't really say anything on removing it until chaos and such has spoken.

The music forum...i guess could be made into a sub-forum in the TV and Movie section, its started off well, but seems to have calmed down, so that makes sense.

It's not entirely about post counts, but while we're on that topic; Post counts are generally considered important by most people. Having a larger number is typically more desirable, also. There's no point in denying that. And so, it's unfair that some posters get huge counts for spamming.

The main issue here, though, is that the forum is an eye-sore on the index, is counter-productive, attracts the wrong kind of posters and is unnecessary.

I guess, but even still, its one thing that has never bothered me personally, i've always just judged by post quality as said, but again, thats just me.
Keep in mind we have already purged the forum games of roughly 60-70% odd of its topics, so it was mainly that which was affected, not elsewhere. Those that had a decrease in post count where generally those that frequently visited that section. But again, for it to be completely removed, chaos is the one to hear from for that.

There's no need for the aggressive stance you're taking here CG. If you're concerned about the forum then why not try to come up with some even handed, constructive criticism rather than giving orders about how the forum should be run, which chaos and the other mods are in no way obliged to follow. You may not have meant what you said to be taken in that way but that's the way it sounds.

I may have feigned horror at my post count dropping (I just wanted to know what was going on really) but actually couldn't care less if I was always at one post. It's interacting on the forum that's important to me. I just didn't wanna be Naruto forever. ;)

Aww Otaku, you'll just have to post more I guess =P
And I don't think anyone cares about post counts, not like it's important for anything..

ayase said:
I may have feigned horror at my post count dropping (I just wanted to know what was going on really) but actually couldn't care less if I was always at one post. It's interacting on the forum that's important to me. I just didn't wanna be Naruto forever. ;)

I, of course, realised this. I understand that no one cares too deeply about post counts, but - practically - most people do consider high posts to be desirable. If they didn't, and there was no importance attached to post counts at all, then they wouldn't be present on more or less every single forum out there. And as they are of some importance, however trivial, it's important to properly regulate them and it's just a mild annoyance that the losers that abuse the games forum attain this desirable high post count without putting in any of the effort.

The fact that the admins are so thin-skinned about this issue is rather disheartening, also.

[There's no need for the aggressive stance you're taking here CG. If you're concerned about the forum then why not try to come up with some even handed, constructive criticism rather than giving orders about how the forum should be run, which chaos and the other mods are in no way obliged to follow. You may not have meant what you said to be taken in that way but that's the way it sounds.

I don't feel that the new team of admins are particularly deserving of too much courtesy. I'm not ordering anything, but if the aforementioned incompetent admins cannot justify their actions, then logically, they should reverse them.

CitizenGeek said:
I don't feel that the new team of admins are particularly deserving of too much courtesy. I'm not ordering anything, but if the aforementioned incompetent admins cannot justify their actions, they by the laws of logic, they should reverse them.
Courtesy is a two way street, bub.

Maxon said:
I don't think you're getting the hint that no-one else cares.

Eh, I think you're the missing the point that my argument isn't based on popularity - it's based on reason and the like. Maybe you could base your arguments on reason in the future too? It's fun ;]

Otaku-san said:
someones jealous

Someone's never heard of proper grammar.

CitizenGeek said:
Maxon said:
I don't think you're getting the hint that no-one else cares.

Eh, I think you're the missing the point that my argument isn't based on popularity - it's based on reason and the like. Maybe you could base your arguments on reason in the future too? It's fun ;]
Right, because you've never based your arguments on popularity when it comes to Final Fantasy? And where was your reasoning in the Killzone 2 thread?

Grow the hell up.

Ryo Chan said:
it's rather interesting that out of 10-20 active members, your the only one coming to this.

If your only counter-argument is that my opinion is not popular enough, then I think you need to read up a little on the nature of "debate" ;]

If you have a problem with the way us moderators and administrators are doing things, then i advise you take it up with us via PM instead of on here.

I'm going to lock this, the way the discussion is going at present could lead to a potential heated debate or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back