JP Nausicaä BluRay confiremed to have English DUB/SUB

Neferpitou

Stand User
For all those Blu-Ray importers out there you will be happy to know that the Japanese Release of Blu-Ray of Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind contains the English DUB and English Subtitles for Japanese Soundtrack.

Link

Woah. Comes in a sweet box, with a Nausicaa guide book too! (Although probably in Japanese).

Are Blu Ray discs/players region locked? (I assume they are). :(

There are 3 bluray codes which are A, B, and C.

Region A: America plus Japan, Korea, Hong Kong & Taiwan.
Region B: Europe, African and southwest Asian countries, Australia & New Zealand.
Region C: The rest of the central and south Asian countries plus China & Russia.

Like with dvd, if you want to play discs from a different region you will need a multiregion player.

Kaede said:
Woah. Comes in a sweet box, with a Nausicaa guide book too! (Although probably in Japanese).

Are Blu Ray discs/players region locked? (I assume they are). :(

Looking through the comments on that story someone posted the following:

"If you're in the US, nothing. Japan and the US share the same blu-ray region code. If you're not in the US... likely nothing as well. Almost all (if not all) Japanese anime blu-rays released so far have been region free."

So good chance of it being region free but better wait until you can get confirmation before thinking about buying it unless you goy multi region blu ray player.

As much as many people prefer the way the manga turned out, to me Nausicaa is an exceptional movie, so I will definitely be picking this up asap.

Back